Overclock.net banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Twin Turbski
1,730 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
What is the Vevor?
liquid to liquid heat exchanger, I used it for sub zero benching over the winter while running methanol as coolant, to get below -15*F without the risk of slushing / freezing in the loop.

In the winter I add this five gallon bucket of methanol, place the liquid to liquid heat exchanger in the bucket and let it cool all night in the sub zero temps. This way, when I start benching I'm in the best possible configuration to achieve maximum clock speeds...

Liquid Fluid Plastic bottle Gas Electric blue

This is what it looks like when running inside. Sometimes I will just cool the bucket and then bring it back inside to avoid moving the entire machine outside. This allows for about 45 minutes of solid benching inside before temps start rising. If it's outside, I have unlimited time so long as the ambient temps remain below 10*F

Computer Blue Personal computer Audio equipment Gadget

Computer Peripheral Personal computer Input device Computer keyboard

For maximum performance I actually add one of my 360mm radiators to the bucket as well:

(sorry about picture quality)
Hood Blue Automotive tire Automotive lighting Motor vehicle

Here is what the PC looks like with just the custom loop running (I can bench at 5.4GHz room ambient and 5.7GHz with the sub zero thing going on)
Blue Light Entertainment Audio equipment Visual effect lighting

·
Still here...
6,921 Posts
I mean, I want to post some pictures, but I'm afraid everyone will finally see my problem.... :ROFLMAO:
You don't have to share your battery operated strap-ons.

·
Registered
11 Posts
liquid to liquid heat exchanger, I used it for sub zero benching over the winter while running methanol as coolant, to get below -15*F without the risk of slushing / freezing in the loop.

In the winter I add this five gallon bucket of methanol, place the liquid to liquid heat exchanger in the bucket and let it cool all night in the sub zero temps. This way, when I start benching I'm in the best possible configuration to achieve maximum clock speeds...

View attachment 2569297

This is what it looks like when running inside. Sometimes I will just cool the bucket and then bring it back inside to avoid moving the entire machine outside. This allows for about 45 minutes of solid benching inside before temps start rising. If it's outside, I have unlimited time so long as the ambient temps remain below 10*F

View attachment 2569299

View attachment 2569300

For maximum performance I actually add one of my 360mm radiators to the bucket as well:

(sorry about picture quality)
View attachment 2569301

Here is what the PC looks like with just the custom loop running (I can bench at 5.4GHz room ambient and 5.7GHz with the sub zero thing going on)
View attachment 2569302
That's awesome!

·
Still here...
6,921 Posts

·
Rig Advisor
4,651 Posts
Jeez! Looks like you are building the worlds biggest/heaviest computer?

What's the point? For weightlifting? Boat anchor? 😅
Ha! That is an open air mining chassis that I orginally bought to house multiple GPUs for folding at home. I re-purposed it to my NAS. I do have quite a few empty cases lying around that I could have used, but I just like the look of it.

·
Registered
611 Posts
after buying no pc stuff for awhile... I have been on a bit of a roll. Thanx to the exchange rate of JPY to USD atm I ended up getting a japanese keyboard on a bit of a whim... really like it.
Also due to the fact my wife's computer keeps endlessly crashing every time anyone looks at it sideways, I decided to upgrade my PC in order to give my wife my old stuff (ryzen 5 3600..etc) So ordered i7-12700K ..etc everything is here, except the motherboard which apparently won't be here until next week. but here is a bit of kit sitting around waiting on the motherboard (also it is sitting on a z87x motherboard box for reasons I don't remember... but whatever...
Computer keyboard Table Peripheral Computer Input device

Box Gas Gadget Electronic device Packaging and labeling

i7-12700K , 32GB DDR5 5600 , Samsung 980 NVMe SSD and rather poorly captured Thermalright Peerless Assassin cooler (and the box for my Archiss mech keyboard pictured above and the before mentioned Z87X motherboard box... I really need to organize my home office here but it is a bit of a cluster at this time... and by at this time I mean ALWAYS..

1 - 17 of 17 Posts