Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Banned
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I think it would be nice to have a voting system for threads or posts.

Not like a 1-5 star thread rating thing but kinda like how Digg works. You can rate each post and there would be a number for each post.

And maybe we have have like if a post has -15 votes it would be hidden unless somebody clicks to have it show. Or if a post has -50 votes it would automaticly be deleted?

That would be pretty cool and can help get rid of some of the annoying posts and stuff.

·
ZFS
4,084 Posts
I think it would be abused by fan boys. For instance PS3 fanboys would vote against posts that are pro-xbox 360. Or vice-a-versa

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
Or better yet You guys could just report the useless posts and we can deal with them

FTW

Also give an example. Are you saying that if someone responds to another users response with "I agree" would it get deleted?

Sometimes a reassuring response like that from a senior member is good. If there was only the correct answer under the original question it may leave the poster wondering about the answer.

·
Banned
7,351 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Wow I forgot all about this thread lol.

Anyways, yes it might and will probably get abused and the fan boys might vote some up and down on purpose.. But the REP system also gets abused. I'v seen people get REP for saying "ZOMG ATI FTW" and stuff like that.

Even if theres fanboy that doesn't like the post, the people that find it helpful will vote it back up and it will be balanced. And if its a really good post/thread more people might vote+ it and stuff like that..

·
Premium Member
29,533 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JacKz5o
View Post

Wow I forgot all about this thread lol.

Anyways, yes it might and will probably get abused and the fan boys might vote some up and down on purpose.. But the REP system also gets abused. I'v seen people get REP for saying "ZOMG ATI FTW" and stuff like that.

Even if theres fanboy that doesn't like the post, the people that find it helpful will vote it back up and it will be balanced. And if its a really good post/thread more people might vote+ it and stuff like that..

And even then...

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.