Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
What is the highest OC that you guys have achieved on a XFX ATi 4890, with out voltage increase.

Mine is

Core Clock- 915 MHZ

Memory Clock- 1100 MHZ



*NOTE* I have the revision 3.1 card with out OC voltage increase abilities
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
32,941 Posts
Stock. Any more, and the VRM's overheat (they do at stock too).

Mine's a reference PCB, non reference cooler.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by pioneerisloud
View Post

Stock. Any more, and the VRM's overheat (they do at stock too).

Mine's a reference PCB, non reference cooler.

sorry ill re edit my post and show a picture of my card.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by pac0tac0
View Post

i have the XXX edition and i think with out voltage changes i got it to 975 and 1100...

Stock fan and heat sink or water cooling?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,914 Posts
I had the exact same card, mine rocked 1k core, but only with great airflow. the temps were in the 50's with 100% fan.

under water it did a little more, but I never really tested stock volts under water.

It easily did 1135Mhz core on 1.5v under water loading at 35C (18C ambient)

these cards really take off with more volts! although my memory was utter crap, and could only to 1075mhz stable, and a Vmem mod did nothing to overclockability


I loved it while i had it though!
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by wumpus
View Post

I had the exact same card, mine rocked 1k core, but only with great airflow. the temps were in the 50's with 100% fan.

under water it did a little more, but I never really tested stock volts under water.

It easily did 1135Mhz core on 1.5v under water loading at 35C (18C ambient)

these cards really take off with more volts! although my memory was utter crap, and could only to 1075mhz stable, and a Vmem mod did nothing to overclockability


I loved it while i had it though!

When you had the same card, could you over volt?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,914 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by fRingE
View Post

When you had the same card, could you over volt?

nope. although a 20k ohm resistor and some soldering fixed that


from 1.2v to well over 1.6v with the turn of a screw driver. I would not add any voltage on that cooler though because it is absolute turd at cooling a 4890 IMO.

I had it at 1.25v and it was in the 80's on 100% fan....
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
1,527 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by wumpus
View Post

nope. although a 20k ohm resistor and some soldering fixed that


from 1.2v to well over 1.6v with the turn of a screw driver. I would not add any voltage on that cooler though because it is absolute turd at cooling a 4890 IMO.

I had it at 1.25v and it was in the 80's on 100% fan....

You moded your voltage regulators? O_O teach me
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
4,914 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by fRingE
View Post

You moded your voltage regulators? O_O teach me

eh its really quite easy. just searh how to volt mod it.

also, it WILL void the warranty
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
189 Posts
1020 core / 1220 memory with a voltage tweak on both mem and core. (1.4v core, 1.25v memory)

940 core / 1100 on stock (1.31v core, 1.2v memory)

I'm pretty sure I can go higher, but the VRMs get roasted like a thanksgiving turkey...

I know I can get 1050 on the core if the memory is at stock, and 1250 on the memory if the core is at stock with the same voltages. The card is designed to work up to 1.45v or even 1.5v on the core, so there's still room left. Not sure if it's bench or game stable, but it can handle Kombustor and GPUTool's stability test for a few seconds

It's a great card but the VRM cooling lets it down. It really sucks because they jump up to 110c in like 10 seconds, but game use never sees it go past 80c...
 
1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.
Top