·
Registered
75 Posts
  • Rep+
Reactions: MrFox

·
Invalid Media
2,134 Posts
'Grats to both of you...and good advertising for the Hailea 500 chiller, also. Then again, AVX/512 etc without that kind of cooling at those settings would make me a tad nervous :sad-smile

·
Old and Decrepit
1,409 Posts

Attachments

• Rep+

·
Registered
5 Posts
i9-9940x Cinebench R20 score 7471 cb

I'm happy with my Cinebench R20 score.

Asus Prime Deluxe II
TridentZ 3200
ax1600i
Noctua D15s
Fractal R6

MCE: On
Additional Overclock: No
Multiplier: 41

I think this score is pretty crazy considering I'm only running 4100Mhz no?

Idle temps at 35c, I hit 80c on the package while running the R20 bench.

Let me know if you think I should change anything for lower temps. I don't need more performance than this!

Attachments

·
Overclocker in training
12,967 Posts
Hi,
@ianross
You're not showing enough to really say much more than changing your cpu cooler :)
@JustinThyme
That's sweet man I post 8810 earlier at 4.8 might try for 4.9 eventually :thumb:

·
Overclocked / Overvolted
221 Posts

Attachments

• Rep+
Reactions: usmc362

·
Old and Decrepit
1,409 Posts
  • Rep+

·
Overclocked / Overvolted
221 Posts
Just when you think you are getting somewhere MrFox comes along.....

Nice scores as always!!
I may invest in a bench system with a chiller again one day and give you a good run!
Thanks for the compliment. That would be great. Would be awesome to see more folks jumping on the chiller bandwagon. I really love mine. High temps are the root of all evil in PC world, LOL.

·
Registered
1,623 Posts
9900K @ 5.3GHz, Cache 4.8GHz, 2x8GB Trident Z 4133MHz 17-17-17

5623 pts:

Attachments

• Rep+

·
Registered
142 Posts
14973 2990WX, 4.15GHz, 3400MHz ram, simple MO-RA3 420. Chiller is here waiting on a pump upgrade. Sub-ambient coming soon

·
Old and Decrepit
1,409 Posts
Thanks for the compliment. That would be great. Would be awesome to see more folks jumping on the chiller bandwagon. I really love mine. High temps are the root of all evil in PC world, LOL.
Its a different type of challenge. Last one I ran was made from a 22000BTU widow AC. Fine balancing act keeping things as cold as you like without having to worry about condensation. Once my old age really sets in.....aka youngest out of college....and I can give up the daily grind Ill need something to keep me from going bat sh_t. Last weird cooling system I did involved geo thermal. Old radiant floor heating coils buried under the concrete in my basement, dirt is always right about 62F no fans anywhere. pump was 1/4 horse in the basement with low voltage lines running down to pull in the pump relay with a 12V coil. Completely silent and actually far more efficient than using ambient air over radiators. I never managed to saturate that loop. Resevoir was a 5 gal bucket in the basement.

·
Overclocker in training
12,967 Posts
Its a different type of challenge. Last one I ran was made from a 22000BTU widow AC. Fine balancing act keeping things as cold as you like without having to worry about condensation. Once my old age really sets in.....aka youngest out of college....and I can give up the daily grind Ill need something to keep me from going bat sh_t. Last weird cooling system I did involved geo thermal. Old radiant floor heating coils buried under the concrete in my basement, dirt is always right about 62F no fans anywhere. pump was 1/4 horse in the basement with low voltage lines running down to pull in the pump relay with a 12V coil. Completely silent and actually far more efficient than using ambient air over radiators. I never managed to saturate that loop. Resevoir was a 5 gal bucket in the basement.
Hi,
Yeah I'll probably end up with a a/c server cooler nice and easy and I can use it for other projects like if the a/c goes out and outdoor outings.... ;)
Water chillers are only good for one thing.

·
Old and Decrepit
1,409 Posts
Hi,
Yeah I'll probably end up with a a/c server cooler nice and easy and I can use it for other projects like if the a/c goes out and outdoor outings.... ;)
Water chillers are only good for one thing.
My AC chiller was an AC gutted with the evaporator submerged in a glycol solution so very much still only one use. Lots of folks took the poor mans chiller route before me. Not overly difficult to do and you can get a much better capacity with it. 22000 BTU is good for about 6000 watts.

·
Overclocker in training
12,967 Posts
My AC chiller was an AC gutted with the evaporator submerged in a glycol solution so very much still only one use. Lots of folks took the poor mans chiller route before me. Not overly difficult to do and you can get a much better capacity with it. 22000 BTU is good for about 6000 watts.
Hi,
I'm not greedy
I'd be happy with 15c air on demand year round :D

·
Just hangin' out
1,071 Posts
With new parts.

Attachments

·
Registered
3,658 Posts
5230 cb - 9900k @ 5GHz