Overclock.net banner

601 - 620 of 717 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
~7300 seems really low for a 3900x.

Am I doing something wrong?

I've got my CPU running w/the EDC "bug" feature that lets it boost to 4.7 on CCD1 and 4.5 on CCD2. I thought this would give me an effective ~4.6Ghz all-core; but maybe it isn't really??
Maybe it is better to just do a flat-out all-core/all-ccd overclock instead of a boost-based OC?

My pitiful numbers are hitting me right in the ego

Attachments

·
Registered
15 Posts
~7300 seems really low for a 3900x.

Am I doing something wrong?

I've got my CPU running w/the EDC "bug" feature that lets it boost to 4.7 on CCD1 and 4.5 on CCD2. I thought this would give me an effective ~4.6Ghz all-core; but maybe it isn't really??
Maybe it is better to just do a flat-out all-core/all-ccd overclock instead of a boost-based OC?

My pitiful numbers are hitting me right in the ego

Okay; so I opted for a 4.4 All-Core overclock instead of using PBO to boost up to 4.7 and my scores are MUCH better. The only problem is that now I can't use HwInfo; it just crashes on startup after the OC---***?

Attachments

·
Registered
154 Posts
10850 points

3950X
CCD0: 4.675ghz
CCD1: 4.525ghz
1.44375v

Attachments

·
Surly Old Fart
124 Posts
...saw that, but if we're talking 3990X on LN2, there's Splave's HWBot run at 39518 (for now...:) )
very nice, Steve and the beard were chicken clocking they said looks like Splave was at 5.3 damn that dude is incredible.

I havent dabbled with AMD stuff in ages but the performance these new chips have is impressive assuming the software can take advantage of it. First time I've even looked at AMD chips and not did the drake hand lol.

·
Registered
88 Posts
MSI Meg Ace z390
Corsair 3000mhz
XMP and 100 FSB only plus 51 multiplier.
Its the only way it will pass prime95 if I stick at 5.1Ghz
I've had better scores but those settings won't pass all the benchmarks.

score multi - 4037
single 526

Attachments

·
Registered
88 Posts
I've been looking hard at a 3900x. What are the single core scores on the 3900x? or even a 3950x? 9900K isn't worth the upgrade from a 9700k, but amd is tempting me.

·
Like a fox!
2,522 Posts

·
Registered
88 Posts

·
Registered
203 Posts
I've been looking hard at a 3900x. What are the single core scores on the 3900x? or even a 3950x? 9900K isn't worth the upgrade from a 9700k, but amd is tempting me.
Thank you. Very nice link. I really should have waited for the 3900x before purchasing 9700k last year.
If you're after single core, the 9700K or 9900K overclocked will be a lot better. Those tests are stock vs stock. The latency of Intel is far superior than amd. Overall Intel is much more mature in its process.

Take the stock vs stock tests with a grain of salt. You can easily OC the 9700k/9900k and with the right cooling it'll allow more headroom, silicon willing. The point is, Intel scales much better than amd.

I own both.. Intel and amd with decades of flight time with both. Each have their strengths... It just depends on what you're realistically after (actual usage).

·
Registered
88 Posts
If you're after single core, the 9700K or 9900K overclocked will be a lot better. Those tests are stock vs stock. The latency of Intel is far superior than amd. Overall Intel is much more mature in its process.

Take the stock vs stock tests with a grain of salt. You can easily OC the 9700k/9900k and with the right cooling it'll allow more headroom, silicon willing. The point is, Intel scales much better than amd.

I own both.. Intel and amd with decades of flight time with both. Each have their strengths... It just depends on what you're realistically after (actual usage).
I'm average about 9000 give or take on time spy for cpu 9700k OC @ 5.1 and 12600-12900 on the gpu depeding on the memory clock settings. I have a heck of a time passing prime95 with anything higher unless I throw a lot of volts at it.
I had a single score of 526 on cinebench R20 and I see the amd matching that on those charts at stock.
I felt like I wasted my time getting that overclock and keeping decent temps at 1.4 volts. I'm new to overclocking, but I felt like crap, if amd can do that stock then why spend all that time on the intel.

I'm glad to hear your comments on the intel. It make sense.

·
Registered
154 Posts
Finally broke 11k on cinebench on my 3950X. 4.65/4.65/4.575/4.575 GHz (per EACH CCX) @1.416V. 11062 score. Pretty damn good for non extreme cooling!
Grats! Finally letting the voltage creep up there and the power flow!

·
Registered
73 Posts
Grats! Finally letting the voltage creep up there and the power flow!
Yeah its amazing how bad the voltage scaling is at this point! Considering I can run 4.6/4.5 R20 stable @ 1.33V. To add 25 MHz it requires 1.368V. Another 25 MHz requires 1.416. When these chips hit their wall they really hit their wall!

·
Overclocker in training
12,877 Posts
Hi,
New 9940x 4.9's

Attachments

·
Surly Old Fart
124 Posts
At some point shouldn't we all be mocking ourselves for using a graphics rendering test to test CPU performance? I mean who is even using CPU to render graphics in the GPU era? We need a better test suite imo.

·
Premium Member
20,103 Posts
At some point shouldn't we all be mocking ourselves for using a graphics rendering test to test CPU performance? I mean who is even using CPU to render graphics in the GPU era? We need a better test suite imo.
Those who do other stuff while rendering like gaming at same time.

·
Like a fox!
2,522 Posts
I think you may be confused. Everyone posting results here is running the cpu benchmark portion of Cinebench R20, -NOT- the graphics test. There are two tests. We do not have to run them both.

·
Old and Decrepit
1,409 Posts
601 - 620 of 717 Posts