Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
***SPOILERS!!!!****

I had just finished the fire ant quest in the tunnels and followed the scientist down into the Queen ants lair. Strangely, he was able to sit down at a computer terminal about 15 feet from the queen ant without disturbing her but as soon as I was spotted by the ant he got up and start running frantically in circles around the ant and she just followed him...both spinning eradically and doing nothing to each other. I found it kind of funny seeing the scientist talk about how dangerous they were and seeing him run TOWARDS the queen ant and around in circles as if he were playing one man duck duck goose instead of out the door and into the nearest vacant locker. I just sat there and thought to myself WTH!

Lets hear yours!!!!
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
3,172 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
There's an official thread for Fallout 3 discussions/screenshots.
I like turtles
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
There's an official thread for Fallout 3 discussions/screenshots.
I was more concerned with derailing the usual discussion of said thread as well as my own thread topic being derailed with regular screenshots and side discussion (all which is to be expected within a "discussion/screenshot" thread)

Back on topic...Anyone have any funny moments?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
6,065 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hairston630 View Post
***SPOILERS!!!!****

I had just finished the fire ant quest in the tunnels and followed the scientist down into the Queen ants lair. Strangely, he was able to sit down at a computer terminal about 15 feet from the queen ant without disturbing her but as soon as I was spotted by the ant he got up and start running frantically in circles around the ant and she just followed him...both spinning eradically and doing nothing to each other. I found it kind of funny seeing the scientist talk about how dangerous they were and seeing him run TOWARDS the queen ant and around in circles as if he were playing one man duck duck goose instead of out the door and into the nearest vacant locker. I just sat there and thought to myself WTH!

Lets hear yours!!!!

No screen shot? C'mon man.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Quote:

Originally Posted by Aaroman View Post
I like turtles
Quoted!

To KillerHZ, I think I can re-replicate that event when I get home (as I saved prior to this event). It seems to be a normal bug but its still an overtly unusual event to witness.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
761 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hairston630 View Post
I was more concerned with derailing the usual discussion of said thread as well as my own thread topic being derailed with regular screenshots and side discussion (all which is to be expected within a "discussion/screenshot" thread)
A discussion/screenshot thread is exactly for that; discussing anything that is related to the game and posting any screenshots you may have from the game and sharing your story. The thread is not limited to discussing the pros and cons of the game, or just simply stating your opinion on it. I actually posted a screenshot of my character wearing Naughty Nightwear... After obtaining them some random raider came into the room, pointed a gun at me, and demanded the nightwear. That's definitely a "WTH" moment right there, haha.

The point of an "Official" discussion thread is so there aren't multiple upon multiple amounts of new threads pertaining to the same subject. This way, the forum stays cleaner.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
A discussion/screenshot thread is exactly for that; discussing anything that is related to the game and posting any screenshots you may have from the game and sharing your story. The thread is not limited to discussing the pros and cons of the game, or just simply stating your opinion on it. I actually posted a screenshot of my character wearing Naughty Nightwear... After obtaining them some random raider came into the room, pointed a gun at me, and demanded the nightwear. That's definitely a "WTH" moment right there, haha.

The point of an "Official" discussion thread is so there aren't multiple upon multiple amounts of new threads pertaining to the same subject. This way, the forum stays cleaner.

Then we will just name this thread "the UNOFFICIAL post your funniest wth moments in fallout 3 thread limited incorporated santa clause ftw edition and co".
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
761 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hairston630 View Post
Then we will just name this thread "the UNOFFICIAL post your funniest wth moments in fallout 3 thread limited incorporated santa clause ftw edition and co".
And then it'll get closed.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
12,534 Posts
I haven't played much, but when you're escaping the vault in the beginning, that overseer guy attacked me because of what i said to him, i started hitting him, but then switched to the pistol, went into VATS and chose to shoot him in the head. I didn't know about the heads flying off so needless to say, i was shocked lol. Then the best part was his daughter just walks in and sees his headless body on the floor and screams
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
Nope, not a mod.
Oh, for a second I thought you were. You had me fooled there until I noticed your low rep
You little hall monitor you!!
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
761 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by hairston630 View Post
Oh, for a second I thought you were. You had me fooled there until I noticed your low rep
You little hall monitor you!!

And my rep lvl shows my comeptence in the forums? No.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,306 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
Quote:

Originally Posted by ChinMusic View Post
And my rep lvl shows my comeptence in the forums? No.
Shh, calm down im just givin you a hard time. Ok, im finished derailing the thread.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,607 Posts
the power fist is awesome...the weapons in fallout just feel so satisfying.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
591 Posts
They've fixed a lot of the AI problems since Oblivion. Most of the WTH moment in that game were caused by the over-ambitious NPC actions. For example:

I was walking around Imperial City when this cultist comes out of nowhere and starts attacking me. Two guards join in and the fight is over pretty quickly. Right after sheathing their swords, one guard turns to the other and says "so, I heard you like mudcrabs" or something like that.

The strangest thing I have seen in FO3 is (***spoilers***) when I turned in Burke to the Sheriff, Burke killed him and walked out. No one in the bar reacted even the slightest. The West girl who was sitting three feet away from the dead body looked at me and said "you must be new in town"... yeah...
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
530 Posts
The funniest part for me was when I actually paid 50 bucks for this very bad, short game.
 
1 - 20 of 37 Posts
Top