Overclock.net banner

7561 - 7565 of 7565 Posts

·
Tactical Moron
2,543 Posts
so this is the result of re-using the same case for over 10 years... started out as a Phenom rig... was mistakenly made into an ...coughs and mutters under breath... FX rig... then into 1st gen Ryzen... Ryzen 2000 and now a Ryzen 9 3900x.... same water cooling setup for the entire time with only minor repair/replace type work done on it other than fluid changes.... originally the idea was based on a "borg minotaur" style look... but lost it's way over the years... at one time the gpu was water cooled as well... but with the 5700XT I just didn't see the need like I did with earlier gpu's I had... in fact... I think I may have shared an earlier iteration of this before....

Also included a pic of my old phenom rig remade into a wall PC sans discrete gpu (used to have a radeon 6850)...

Not sure which one is more ghetto at the moment... but both work perfectly lol... oddly I put more time into cable management on the wall pc... as in... I actually bothered... over the years I just gave up on the other one.

Attachments

·
Invalid Media
2,130 Posts
so this is the result of re-using the same case for over 10 years... started out as a Phenom rig... was mistakenly made into an ...coughs and mutters under breath... FX rig... then into 1st gen Ryzen... Ryzen 2000 and now a Ryzen 9 3900x.... same water cooling setup for the entire time with only minor repair/replace type work done on it other than fluid changes.... originally the idea was based on a "borg minotaur" style look... but lost it's way over the years... at one time the gpu was water cooled as well... but with the 5700XT I just didn't see the need like I did with earlier gpu's I had... in fact... I think I may have shared an earlier iteration of this before....

Also included a pic of my old phenom rig remade into a wall PC sans discrete gpu (used to have a radeon 6850)...

Not sure which one is more ghetto at the moment... but both work perfectly lol... oddly I put more time into cable management on the wall pc... as in... I actually bothered... over the years I just gave up on the other one.

Nice ! I used to have several open systems directly flat on my desk and really like them, but I kept on spilling Starbucks on them...

Another retro-ghetto build I finished last month; 5960X in an Antec 302 with a big square hole cut into the side panel for VRM, DRAM and GPU 'breathing' - A Dremel a day keeps the modding in play

·
Watercooled
872 Posts
I fixed my NVME throttling by using the side panel as heatsink and the chunck of alumium acts as "thermal mass" so even when i'm writting a lot of data takes a couple of minutes to reach the nominal temperature

Attachments

7561 - 7565 of 7565 Posts