Overclock.net banner

44881 - 44900 of 44941 Posts

·
Still here...
2,808 Posts
The SR-3 will become my new workstation and will replace a workstation I've been using the past nine years. It will likely also get one or two Quadros:

evga-order-2020-09-05_0-08-58.jpg

Oh, and btw, their Z490 Dark went oos after I made my purchase; but they may be spitting those out one at a time. I also paid EVGA a $100 premium for the Z490 board, but the discount on it and the SR-3 kinda made up for that (at least they did from my pov).

Time to go cpu and ram shopping. Probably also go for a 30xx refresh gpu for the Z490 board, once those hit the street.

This is going to be fun (if the beers virus doesn't kill me first).

Correction: the Z490 is in stock. All EVGA did was create a separate page for the one that's higher priced, had Vince autograph the box, and they called it their K|NGP|N Edition. Must make the thing spin faster (or louder) and/or jump higher (kinda like pf flyers). Anyway, the one you can find via their product index shows oos is supposedly the standard version of their Z490 Dark, with a price of $499, and reflects a slightly different part number; The K|NGP|N Edition supposedly also has slightly higher memory validation at 5000Mhz+. We shall see.

Their marketing staff must be taking lessons from Leatherjacket (LJ). Wouldn't surprise me if there's going to be a special edition of the RTX 3090 that comes in a box signed by LJ, which will be released during the 3xxx series refresh in 2021. Maybe it will even come with a little action man figurine that looks like him and talks when you pull on a string and says cute little things like "buy more, save more," or "did you say test escapes?"

·
Goddess of Misfortune
3,245 Posts

·
Fold on!
6,781 Posts
Their marketing staff must be taking lessons from Leatherjacket (LJ). Wouldn't surprise me if there's going to be a special edition of the RTX 3090 that comes in a box signed by LJ, which will be released during the 3xxx series refresh in 2021. Maybe it will even come will a little action man figurine that looks like him and talks when you pull on a string and says cute little things like "buy more, save more," or "did you say test escapes?"
:lachen:

Any idea which cpu you'll use on the SR-3 board?

Bought a new monitor on a whim.
Looks like a nice monitor!
I might need to get a new one too :thinking:

·
Overclocker in training
12,890 Posts
The SR-3 will become my new workstation and will replace a workstation I've been using the past nine years. It will likely also get one or two Quadros:

View attachment 369574

Oh, and btw, their Z490 Dark went oos after I made my purchase; but they may be spitting those out one at a time. I also paid EVGA a $100 premium for the Z490 board, but the discount on it and the SR-3 kinda made up for that (at least they did from my pov).

Time to go cpu and ram shopping. Probably also go for a 30xx refresh gpu for the Z490 board, once those hit the street.

This is going to be fun (if the beers virus doesn't kill me first).

Correction: the Z490 is in stock. All EVGA did was create a separate page for the one that's higher priced, had Vince autograph the box, and they called it their K|NGP|N Edition. Must make the thing spin faster (or louder) and/or jump higher (kinda like pf flyers). Anyway, the one you can find via their product index shows oos is supposedly the standard version of their Z490 Dark, with a price of $499, and reflects a slightly different part number; The K|NGP|N Edition supposedly also has slightly higher memory validation at 5000Mhz+. We shall see.

Their marketing staff must be taking lessons from Leatherjacket (LJ). Wouldn't surprise me if there's going to be a special edition of the RTX 3090 that comes in a box signed by LJ, which will be released during the 3xxx series refresh in 2021. Maybe it will even come with a little action man figurine that looks like him and talks when you pull on a string and says cute little things like "buy more, save more," or "did you say test escapes?"
Hi,
EVGA will be doing dump sells just like they did on the x299 dark lol for 150.us last week and a couple times on their ebay store for 250.us lol :)

·
Still here...
2,808 Posts
Any idea which cpu you'll use on the SR-3 board?
One of the W-32** processors.

Hi,
EVGA will be doing dump sells just like they did on the x299 dark lol for 150.us last week and a couple times on their ebay store for 250.us lol :)
Yeah, the X299 Dark is back down again to $160. I picked one up when it was $250 a while back.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,129 Posts
I'd have bought a X299 Dark for $160 :confused:

sent my Taichi out to RMA after fighting for a week about getting an RMA request approved. kinda expecting for them to say I damaged the board or that they couldn't replicate the problem.

assuming it comes back and isn't still broken I'm gonna pull the trigger on the parts for my NAS. was gonna go Ryzen but if I have a Z390 board not a whole lot of reason to

·
LTSC for life crew
2,870 Posts
Gigabyte is notorious for claiming their customers damaged a mobo and denying warranty coverage. I didn't believe it until they did it to me haha.

Bought this to get my system up and running for now. Taking bets on how long before it implodes, lol.

·
Padawan Overclocker
2,806 Posts
Sapphire RX 580 8GB OC LITE

Seasonic 750 Focus Gold

·
Skating Enthusiast
8,138 Posts

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,770 Posts
Glorious Stealth Mouse Mat - XXXL

its nearly the same size as the entire top of my standing desk :D I love it.

however, i can 100% confirm its the same finish that would've come from a $20 Ebay Special "Control Finished" pad.

·
Still here...
2,808 Posts
Knocked $500 off his asking price; the listing says it's new. I'll open the package in the presence of post office staff when it gets here just to be on the safe side:

ebay-w3175X-2020-09-10_21-23-31.jpg

I know I said I wouldn't buy a W-3175X, but $2000 for a new cpu was a bargain.

Now that i have a cpu to go with the SR-3 Dark (which should be here Tuesday), all I need is a block for it; oh, and 96GB of GSKILL b die C14 ram.

·
Fold on!
6,781 Posts
That's a lot of money for a cpu, but I guess it's worth it.
Will it be watercooled with that 255w tdp?

I ordered the Corsair Commander Pro, hopefully it'll work the way I want it to.
The ML120/140 rgb fans are good looking, but the software is a pain in the ....
Also some thermal paste, figured the 5 year old stuff I have might need some replacement.

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,770 Posts
welcome to The Middle Ground.

I personally look forward to DSR 6880x2880p w/ my 3090. ;)

some day I'll grab a 4K120, but im gonna let that market mature (come into existence at all for HDMI2.1) a bit first.

·
Still here...
2,808 Posts
That's a lot of money for a cpu, but I guess it's worth it.
Will it be watercooled with that 255w tdp?
Could have been about $2400 more expensive for both the SR-3 Dark MB and the W-3175X, but yeah, still a bunch of change I paid for them.

As for water cooling the cpu, yup, using MORA 420s in my builds. I'll also delid the cpu and swap out the oem toothpaste with liquid metal.

·
Super Moderator
14,046 Posts

·
Super Moderator
3,624 Posts
Aero Precision M4E1 lower and Aero Precision x Thunder Ranch M4E1 upper

·
Ever Forward.
6,515 Posts
Finally showed up

·
LTSC for life crew
2,870 Posts
That is pretty sweet PR. I bought my buddy an autographed Relapse vinyl and he opened it and threw away the autographed plastic :eek: .

Knocked $500 off his asking price; the listing says it's new. I'll open the package in the presence of post office staff when it gets here just to be on the safe side:

View attachment 2458586

I know I said I wouldn't buy a W-3175X, but $2000 for a new cpu was a bargain.

Now that i have a cpu to go with the SR-3 Dark (which should be here Tuesday), all I need is a block for it; oh, and 96GB of GSKILL b die C14 ram.
Very nice. Not a bad price at all for such a potent chip. Are these unlocked for OC'ing as well?

EDIT: I bought myself one of these as they are on sale at the local best buy. Performs pretty good, seems at least on par with my old 960 EVO.

44881 - 44900 of 44941 Posts