9 Cans of Ravioli
19,880 Posts
ASUS ROG Swift PG329Q

32", 175hz, IPS, no curve

·
I can count to potato
767 Posts
Nice monitor.

Meanwhile I'm just contemplating my entire existence wondering why I preordered an Eve Spectrum.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,880 Posts
yikes, they haven't shipped yet? when I was shopping for my current monitor (late ~2017?) someone recommended I check them out but they had "TBA" as a launch date. pretty sure I made an account on their forum but never used it.

·
I can count to potato
767 Posts
When I preordered on May 1st they were supposed to ship Q3, then it got pushed to Q4. Now the release date is February 26th 2021.

I can still cancel but there aren't any other HDMI 2.1, 240hz, IPS, 2560x1440 monitors out right now that I know of.

• Rep+
Reactions: The Pook

·
waifu for lifu
11,326 Posts
ASUS ROG Swift PG329Q

32", 175hz, IPS, no curve
🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥 🔥

• Rep+
Reactions: The Pook

·
Registered
26 Posts
Since it's not going to be like soon for the new GPU Nvidia or AMD I decided to upgrade my computer case from a Fractal design meshify C to a define 7... same Co. but a big difference
I picked the black on black solid panel

·
Premium Member
2,772 Posts
Just grabbed two more Aquero Xt’s and waterblocks for them. Going to rock 3 of them in my front bay

·
^^That's my user name^^
9,920 Posts
My rm850x came in today. Gotta wait for a ryzen 5000 to be available. Still thinking 5900x

·
Skating Enthusiast
8,149 Posts

·
Premium Member
2,476 Posts
Asus ROG laptop. 240HZ with an i7 and RTX 2070. $1600 laptop and it doesn't have a webcam lolol.

View attachment 2465149
Friend of mine recently got a very similar laptop, same specs as far as you listed and no webcam as well. It's more powerful than his desktop by quite some margin (which is a bit dated to be fair) so it's a bit awkward sometimes.

·
LTSC for life crew
3,261 Posts
Yep same here, laptop is quite a bit more powerful than my ryzen + R9 390 desktop. Though I do feel like the 2070 in this is a pretty weak performer. CPU sits at ~100 degrees c basically the whole time in game and it even has factory liquid metal so there's not much I can do to improve temps.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
It was this or a 3090 Kingpin.

·
Vermin Supreme 2020
25,778 Posts
no web cam is nothing...

The Big Three killed off Clip in docking stations & physical NICs as of their newest generations. At least, on the business lines. (Elite Book, T series, Latitude) and no they don't even bother with including a USB solution, like they did Disk Drives when those first got nuked. Even the $3,500 Lenovo we just ordered for an Executive is missing NIC, Web Cam, & PCI-E dock support.

HP's G7 850 is effectively a G6450, for clarity sake.

·
LTSC for life crew
3,261 Posts
So they've turned to the Apple side of things even on the high end. Shame. At least this fancy ultra thin gaming laptop still has a built in gigabit ethernet port. And 3x USB 3.2 Gen II ports... and a USB C thunderbolt port... and HDMI out. Wouldn't have even considered it if it was lacking anything in that area. This one is designed to compete with the Razer ultra portables and so far so good.

·
Not a linux lobbyist
2,404 Posts
It was this or a 3090 Kingpin.

View attachment 2465445
That's pretty nice, but not as nice as the background. Nice climate!
Saw some snowflakes today so I thought I would rake up the rest of the leaves that blew up from my neighbor's yards and the wind kept blowing them back. Finally got them over to a corner where they will piss off a different neighbor tomorrow morning when the sun comes up for a little over 9 hours.

·
Registered
1,694 Posts
That's pretty nice, but not as nice as the background. Nice climate!
Saw some snowflakes today so I thought I would rake up the rest of the leaves that blew up from my neighbor's yards and the wind kept blowing them back. Finally got them over to a corner where they will piss off a different neighbor tomorrow morning when the sun comes up for a little over 9 hours.
Thanks! Unfortunately I may be moving from LA to New Jersey by May, hopefully as close to May as possible!

45161 - 45180 of 45221 Posts