Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
3,860 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I must say I'm extremely impressed with the 2 second boot time Chromium OS offers even off a USB drive

Its sleek and speedy especially on my netbook. Can't wait to get the full version.

·
Registered
590 Posts
I dream of a day where google decides to replaces windows completely, even for games... i know it will never happen but i can dream...

·
Banned
5,335 Posts
How is office productivity? The OS looks great for single window navigation but how about workspace management like W7 having easy duel window occupying the screen.

·
Registered
577 Posts
How much space does the Chrome OS take up?? That would be kinda cool to put it on a USB drive and have your whole OS on a flash drive anywhere you go.

·
Registered
2,833 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JKBenchmarks
View Post

I hope for a day where Microsoft, Google, and Apple all have equal market share and must innovate to bring more customers in.

Wont happen

OT: May I ask you how you got in?
Would love to try this OS out on my old laptop aha.

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by JKBenchmarks
View Post

I hope for a day where Microsoft, Google, and Apple all have equal market share and must innovate to bring more customers in.

I don't.

Then we'll have the MS/Sony/Nintendo console situation, where some titles get an 'OS Exclusive!' release, and gamers will be forced to maintain dual boots (Windows/Linux) to play 2/3rds of the exclusives, and pay out the arse for the other third (Mac).

·
Registered
2,219 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by tNok85
View Post

I don't.

Then we'll have the MS/Sony/Nintendo console situation, where some titles get an 'OS Exclusive!' release, and gamers will be forced to maintain dual boots (Windows/Linux) to play 2/3rds of the exclusives, and pay out the arse for the other third (Mac).

how bout one OS and one Game Console, and every one focuses on making games.

·
Registered
1,922 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by MR_S4NDM4N
View Post

How much space does the Chrome OS take up?? That would be kinda cool to put it on a USB drive and have your whole OS on a flash drive anywhere you go.

300-500MB is the file size.

·
Premium Member
7,006 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BounouGod
View Post

I dream of a day where google decides to replaces windows completely, even for games... i know it will never happen but i can dream...

Why??? Then one day you'll be dreaming that something replace Google because they will have become a monopoly or something. I think that Microsoft delivers excellent products, especially with Windows 7, Visual Studio and their Office products.

·
Premium Member
10,813 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by BounouGod
View Post

Ugh, why? You want Google to become the new Microsoft? In five years you'll be talking about how lame G$$gle is and how if linux just had game support you'd be all over it.

The Chrome OS is a BS, web based ad delivering system disguised as an OS. Jump all over that if you want but I'll have none of it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Emmanuel
View Post

Why??? Then one day you'll be dreaming that something replace Google because they will have become a monopoly or something. I think that Microsoft delivers excellent products, especially with Windows 7, Visual Studio and their Office products.

OK, this is too far the other way. Sure, Microsoft has done a good job with Windows 7 but remember what Vista was like at launch? Pain. They fixed it up pretty well, but it took them a while. Microsoft is hit and miss, but for maintaining an open platform that works with any standards compliant hardware (and even some non-standard hardware) they have done a decent job.

·
Premium Member
3,864 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by xFALL3Nx
View Post

how bout one OS and one Game Console, and every one focuses on making games.

joseph stalin would love that statement

·
Banned
1,075 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by D3TH.GRUNT View Post
joseph stalin would love that statement

Joseph Stalin also loved cake.

Do you love cake? Communist.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts