Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
K...

I was messing around with SiSoftware Sandra Lite 2005...was checking out my board and noticed the following:

Board Temperature : 25.0 C
CPU Temperature : 29.0 C
Power / AUX Temperature : 70.0 C !!!

What is this all about? Is this the temp of my PSU or something else entirely? Any insight much appreciated.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
That is the temp of your psu, intresting that it is that high, it might just be an error... How good is your case airflow?

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Umm... cooling is:

80mm Antec -side intake, and 80mm Antec -front intake
80mm Vantec Tornado(usually turned down) -front intake
120mm Aspire -rear exhaust

All other fans are attached to HS or Northbridge(ThermalTake with ductingmod and dual Aerocool 80mm, and NB Ice cooler)

Oh and my card has a rather large fan on it which runs max when Im gaming...which is usually. Thanks ...

Also PSU has dual 80mm fans....just updated specs with new one.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by ColdTriton
Umm... cooling is:

80mm Antec -side intake, and 80mm Antec -front intake
80mm Vantec Tornado(usually turned down) -front intake
120mm Aspire -rear exhaust

All other fans are attached to HS or Northbridge(ThermalTake with ductingmod and dual Aerocool 80mm, and NB Ice cooler)

Oh and my card has a rather large fan on it which runs max when Im gaming...which is usually. Thanks ...
Yea, i wouldnt be worried at all, i mean, by the looks of it, you should be getting good air movement through the case. You have the correct # of intake and exaust so i think that you should disregard that temp reading unless the air coming out of back of the PSU is unusually hot.

·
Registered
301 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
TY ...I figured as much..but better safe then sorry....Happy New [email protected]!

·
Registered
38 Posts
I have a similar problem with my power/AUX temps reaching 70 C. The thing that worries me is that my psu only has 1 low rpm 120mm fan (takes air from inside case and expells to god knows where). My case airflow should be good.

120mm front intake, 80mm side intake
2x80mm rear exhaust, 1 80mm top exhaust

I am using a Zalman cpu heatsink fan where the fan is sideways and this does not cool my motherboard. My mobo temps reach 55+ C under load. I ordered another fan to dedicate to cooling my mobo hoping my PSU temps go down also. The idea here is that my chipset runs hot with little cooling and the PSU intakes hot 55C air. Anyone have any suggestions or comments about how I am going about this?

·
Registered
78 Posts
hey there,
i have the same temp problem. power/aux temperature shows as it is 84C with speed fan and pc wizard 2008 shows 82C. First i thought it is north bridge cause i cant even touch most of the time to the north bridge. What i saw after searching it is PSU. Either there is a mistake or or something wrong. I needed to search it after having randomly reseting with my pc. Currently i dont have it but it makes me worry about if there is really harmful to my pc. I wrote this problem to OCZ which is I have currently as in my system and also to Gigabyte for the north bridge. Softwares show my mainboard is around 32C-36C but the north bridge (I cant touch)...
Any suggestion for that?
Thank you for your interest.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts