Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, I got a question that seems to be very confusing to me.
First off, I have a motherboard out of a acer aspire m1610 that I bought used, as it was a steal ($40 with a e2140 and 2GB ram). So I decided to get it all up and running to see if it worked. It wasn't in a case at the time so I hooked up the powersupply and jumped the leads on the motherboard to get it to start up. It worked fine. However, Windows didnt boot up properly, so I jumped it another time to try and shut it down. Well, It didn't like this, and beeped twice, then a black screen. So, I shut it off via the power supply, then turned the power supply back on. For some reason now the switch on the power supply now turns on the computer, bypassing the power switch. So, what did I do? did I fry something?
Any help would greatly be appreciated.

Oh and this is what I managed to jam the motherboard in, I'm pretty proud of it haha.

·
Registered
112 Posts
That 360 case looks flat out for a PC lol you sure the 360 power button isn't jammed to "on"? It's a bit of a flaky button maybe you accidentally done something to it when moving the parts in?

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I have nothing hooked up to the front panel leads at all right now, there is no power button atm.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Well I took out the battery for about 2 minutes then popped it back in, an there was no change

·
Registered
112 Posts
I'm not sure, so you got no power button and are having to jump start it every time? But now when you plug it in all you do is press the PSU switch and it comes on without having to do anything else?

In what way didn't Windows boot properly, maybe it could be a problem with the motherboard? I'm sure there's other people who know waaaaaay more than me

·
Registered
12 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Quote:

Originally Posted by DarkEnergy View Post
I'm not sure, so you got no power button and are having to jump start it every time? But now when you plug it in all you do is press the PSU switch and it comes on without having to do anything else?

In what way didn't Windows boot properly, maybe it could be a problem with the motherboard? I'm sure there's other people who know waaaaaay more than me
No jump starting it now. When I flick the power supply on, the system boots up.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts