Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
75 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I flashed both my 1080Ti but it did nothing for the power limit. Is there a mod to remove that limit without doing the shunt mod? Thanks

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,800 Posts
There isn't one. It's not a BIOS limitation like it was on previous generations.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Uh, if you get the XOC BIOS flashed successfully the power limit slider will be disabled in Afterburner etc., and you should have completely unlocked power draw.

·
9 Cans of Ravioli
19,800 Posts
Uh, if you get the XOC BIOS flashed successfully the power limit slider will be disabled in Afterburner etc., and you should have completely unlocked power draw.
Assuming the XOC BIOS is only for 1080 Ti? I was looking for a way to crank voltage on my 1060 without soldering a while back and any BIOS modifications I made were ignored. Poked around and was told I was SOL short of the shunt mod.

·
Registered
874 Posts
Assuming the XOC BIOS is only for 1080 Ti? I was looking for a way to crank voltage on my 1060 without soldering a while back and any BIOS modifications I made were ignored. Poked around and was told I was SOL short of the shunt mod.

Yes as far as I know there is none available for the other cards. Just some info, I stopped using the XOC BIOS on my 1080Tis. It has the potential to draw nearly twice as much power, for almost no practical performance improvement. It performs about 2 bins worse than the stock BIOS, presumably due to looser memory timings, and the difference between running at 2100MHz and 2000MHz is pretty much negligible in practice.

It's great for benching, but drawing an extra 150-250W per card just to hold an extra 100MHz just wasn't worth it in my opinion. Far harder to keep cool and undoubtedly going to reduce the lifespan of the card.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts