Overclock.net banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello,

I today did cable management and when I connected my pc again all the fans lights and hdd,dvd drive worked but there was noo bios boot beep sound and there was nothing on the screen. I looked and saw that all the lights on the motherboard were on. I never seen it in the state before so its not normal. I then went back and double checked everything. Disconnected Gpu,Sound card, Ram, HDD,dvd drive and I reset the Cmos but still nothing. I then turned the computer on with only the hdd,dvd drive, cpu and all cables but I got the exact same thing. No beep and all the mobo lights on. I looked on other forums and and tried to find out what the problem is but I have not been able to fix it. Is my motherboard broken

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
Make sure everything you need to post is plugged in. Even if you've double checked, check again. Make sure you use the proper wires too. If you have two CPU wires from your PSU, make sure you use the one labeled "CPU 1." Make sure you have adequate power to your graphics card and if your PSU has a 20+4 motherboard connection, make sure the 4pin connector is plugged in properly.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sav5716
View Post

Make sure everything you need to post is plugged in. Even if you've double checked, check again. Make sure you use the proper wires too. If you have two CPU wires from your PSU, make sure you use the one labeled "CPU 1." Make sure you have adequate power to your graphics card and if your PSU has a 20+4 motherboard connection, make sure the 4pin connector is plugged in properly.

Did all of that. And I think 1200w is enough power?

·
Registered
1,109 Posts
1200W is more than enough for your system. You probably are using around 600-700W of power with your current build. TT makes stable enough PSU's that I wouldn't suspect it to just go bad after playing around with the wires.

Also, did you ever touch your motherboard with anything at all? Is it possible you could have given it a zap with a static shock or something? Did you move anything around and happen to maybe hit a capacitor or anything on the motherboard?

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by sav5716 View Post
1200W is more than enough for your system. You probably are using around 600-700W of power with your current build. TT makes stable enough PSU's that I wouldn't suspect it to just go bad after playing around with the wires.

Also, did you ever touch your motherboard with anything at all? Is it possible you could have given it a zap with a static shock or something? Did you move anything around and happen to maybe hit a capacitor or anything on the motherboard?
I only did some cable management and management on my liquid cooling. And I discharged myself before touching my comp.

·
Registered
3,080 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Quote:

Originally Posted by fstfrddy View Post
I still think something is loose, double check the ram, do a hard CMOS reset by pulling the battery, unplug the PSU power and hit the power button a couple of times.
ok I will do that. And I also got a cmos data poster lcd but I still need to look for it.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts