Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
78 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey I made A thread yesterday about my psu and my card and stuff.

I got Alot oh help thanks.

But now Im Confuzed I was told the corsair 400w should be able to power my system because I have a 5770 and A Amd athlon ii x2 @ 2.9 ghz so it should be fine but then there is a bottleneck problem I was told I should Upgrade to a quad but I cant because I dont think my psu will cope and then my system will die xDDD

im 13 so its hard to get the money for a quad and a decent psu =(

So will my psu take it or should I stick with the bottleneck and get a new psu?

·
Banned
8,805 Posts
Im pretty sure it is called the phenom II 555, which is a dual core that can be unlocked to a quad and it cost something like $90. This is your best bet.

But, if you go to the news section and look at the article about cores and games, you will see that a tri and quad don't really net you that much.

·
I'm NOT new to Overclock
11,139 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Lune View Post
You should always make sure your PSU is better than everything else and can support your components :>

Get a good PSU then save up some money and get a quad core
What?

He has a 5770, if you have the 400w corsair, yeah, you could be pushing it for a quad. This would be a NO OVERCLOCKING situation. However, I think if you were to get a quad core, something like the Q series, Maybe an i5 since they use slightly less power because of the 45nm fabrication (I think), you could possibly get away with it.

since you went with a corsair, I'd say you'd be ok. Even if it does blow though, You're less likely to damage the rest of the components.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts