Overclock.net banner
1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Having trouble figuring out what seems like it should be an obvious answer.
What does this power sensor show me?

is that an estimation of how much heat it is removing ?
I have like 1300+ on idle so it can't possibly be power consumption.

·
Rig Advisor
3,633 Posts
Having trouble figuring out what seems like it should be an obvious answer.
What does this power sensor show me?

View attachment 2513846

is that an estimation of how much heat it is removing ?
I have like 1300+ on idle so it can't possibly be power consumption.
You should be able to edit (Unlock) and find where the source of the data is coming from. It is a very high value, what PSU are you running?

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's from the water flow sensor, there is another description on how it generates it but it's not obvious to me.:

That's why I though it might be a measure of cooling capacity as opposed to being linked to the PSU (corsair ax1600i).
That said, it only says it's calculating power based on temps & flow rate...to what end though?

The temperature difference by it's own would already be an indication of efficiency no?

·
Registered
978 Posts
for it to work correctly you need a temp sensor on the inlet and outlet of your RAD plus a flow meter. If you have multiple RADs like me, inlet on first RAD outlet on last. The sensor is meant to show how many watts are being dumped in to the system. If you have all 3 items I’d guess you have the temp sensors backwards in the aquasuite sensor panel config.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Only one (big) rad, but multiple pumps.
I have everything in serial (with a parallel mp5 block) and the sensor is just before going into the pump that goes out to the rad. That also has a temperature sensor for outside.
I don't see how I could change the temperature source though? I could get the temp from the outlet via a different pump, but the data source for pwer is...well..."power". I can't seem to change what it reads from

There is a submenu on the sensor itself that tells me what it is reading, but no option to change that.

·
Registered
978 Posts
You configure the sensor under software sensors. I have 2 aquacomputer calitemp and one Flow sensor mps flow 400, G1/4. I have them configured as explained above. If you want to use the power sensor it has to be configured as explained. You can see in the pictures where to select to chance sources. First pic after running realbench 10 mins second pic of at idle.

Computer Personal computer Gadget Computer hardware Audio equipment
Audio equipment Font Gadget Electronic device Gas

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Uhh, My options look nothing alike. Version X38

The one in the screen is the existing power sensor.
The one next to it is the one I tried top configure as a software sensor but I am only able to select a single sensor.
The sensors I have are from a highflow NEXT and two other D5 NEXT pumps.

I also tried going to the playground setting but that doesn't have any preconfigured stuff. It lets me chain stuff together but that's still nothing like what I see in your screens.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Thanks, but I was more curious what the sensor did than anything else. I'd appreciate if you find how to set it up, but don't go out of your way.
You basically already answered my question It's going to be sort of measure on how your cooling is doing.

·
Registered
19 Posts
The only thing I can think of is the actual conductivity of your coolant... Which is usually measured in Microsiemens...? Pure water would be at absolute zero I believe. We use this in the plating industry to evaluate water quality.

·
Registered
150 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
No idea what the conversion factor is for in that post, but thanks:

As for the water conductivity, that is a different sensor with the highflow NEXT:

·
Registered
5800X | 6900XT | X570 Crosshair Impact | Teamgroup 3600Cl14 32GB | Cooling: 2x360 | 2x560 | Mora 420
35 Posts
1 - 15 of 15 Posts