Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
ok so my power supple is a 24 pin. the only problem is my mobo is 20 pin. i have ordered the part i need from frozencpu but they sent me the totally wrong part. ive been waiting to turn on my newly built comp for like a week now and im getting tired of waiting. if i plugged the 24 pin into my mobo ( it doesnt have the 4 pin adapter thing that slides off to let u know) will it hurt my mobo. im juss wondering im going to wait most likely but if they send em the wrong part again i will be extremely angry. people have told me the 24 to 29 pin adapter does not exist but i know it does.

·
Premium Member
2,687 Posts
It should work, but make sure it just slides in, dont force it in, as you dont want it to hook up wrong.. There will be 4 pins hanging off one side, not two on each side.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I have never heard of a power supply with more than 24 pins... are you sur your not confusing your board with the psu? Like, does the psu have 20 pins and the mobo has 24.. If so you can plug the 20psu into the 24mobo. as for it going in, there is only one way it will go in so the wires wont mix up.

Correct me if im wrong, but there should also be the 4 pin mobo connector ( square looking 2x2 Pins)

·
Premium Member
4,206 Posts
24 to 29? You sure you don't mean 24 to 20? There has never been a 29-pin connection. Not sure if you can plug a 24 directly into a 20, cause my PSU has the little slide-off 4 pin. As for Frozen CPU, I'm sure they'll get it right on the second go. Not everything a company ships is correct.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
yeah, if it fits you can probably just plug it in. you'll want to make sure you overhang the extra 4 ping on the right side though... or it won't work!

what did frozencpu send you? I've never had them screw up an order on me... i screwed up an order once... I was really tired when I ordered and I accidently ordered blue cold cathodes instead of uv and on top of that I also ordered 2 sets when I only wanted 1... lol... but I just drove up to Rochester the next weekend and exchanged one and returned the other. They were real nice about it.

·
Registered
61 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
well my psu already the wires coming out of it. they sent me like the seperate connector u know how some power supplies allow u to plug in each device directly into the power supply well they sent me the 24 to 20 pin power cord lol i dunno how they screwed it up the part im getting is supposed to be liek 3 inches and this thing is like a foot and a half but oo well they r sending me the part for free. the guy i talked to at customer service wasnt to friendly

1 - 7 of 7 Posts