Overclock.net banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Banned
2,358 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
OK guys, i think its time for me to mod my PS.
I'm tired of looking at all that extra wire and cable. As you can see in my signature photo, there is to much crap.

I'm going to shorten the wiring so it nice and clean and redo the sleeving to blue.

Any suggestion out there or anything i should l
k out for. ((dangers))

PS:
I will be taking photos of my progress and completion of this project for all to view

·
Premium Member
5,145 Posts
Ensure that while you are performing any mods to the PSU, it is totally unplugged and the current has been discharged. To do this, power up your PC, then switch it off again immediately. Disconnect the power cord from the back, and then hit the ON button. You will see any fans make a small turn, and any power indicator lights on your board should go out. It's still possible that you can get a shock even after discharging your psu.

·
Registered
661 Posts
I say, put on latex gloves. There thin, but they would help. Screwdrivers with rubber grips and finally dont touch anything that looks dangerous( everything inside the psu
)

If you plan a desoldering the wires, shortening them and then resoldering you can put the sleeving on ( kinda obvious) without having to use the pin remover, but take pictures of the circuit board so you know where which wire goes.

Thats All. Good Luck

1 - 3 of 3 Posts