Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
With my new Antec SmartPower SP500, it game with several different kinds of connectors. I could use some more for when I went to add another video card and hard drive to my rig. I also am not using a floppy drive right now because of this, which really is no big deal. It would be nice though, is there anywhere that I can buy just the connectors?

·
Registered
604 Posts
I'm not sure what you're asking... You can snip off the connectors you don't need and stuff the wires back into where they came from using a small screwdriver or something similar.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
you can buy splitters and adaptors if that is what you are asking?

take a look at some stores like xoxide.com or frozencpu.com

·
Premium Member
5,436 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Well to try to explain better, there is no power connection to my foppy drive because I have no connection for it. All the other devices such as my HDD, CD-ROM drives, and video card are using them all. When I went to get another video card down the road(SLI dual video cards), I won't have a power connection for that either.

·
Registered
604 Posts
Oh... Well for the floppy, there are Y adapters you can get for a couple bucks at any computer store. You'll want to upgrade to a better power supply which already has the extra connection for the video card when you get there.

If you would fill out your system specs (go to User CP) it would make it easier for us to answer your questions / give opinions on how to improve your set up.

·
Premium Member
8,743 Posts
so you are saying that your video card uses the standard 4 pin power molex? You need more power for the future. When you buy your future video card for SLI get a power splitter and you will be fine

here is a picture

if it is not that then it is a pcie adapter which i have not seen but there most likely is something out there.

·
Premium Member
10,655 Posts
you just might be supurised.... I had a 500w Aspire psu w/ 34a on the 12v rail running this system:
3200+ venice
Asus A8N-SLI Deluxe
1gb Corsair XMS
MSI 6600GT
Audigy 2 ZS gamer
2x Seagate SATA 80gb hd in RAID 0
2x optical drives.

the computer ran fine until I OC'd... it could handle a slight OC to 2.4Ghz w/ stock voltage but nothign more... also It couldn't handle a second 6600GT. I had to upgrade.

moral of the story is... a 500w psu does not mean you won't need to upgrade when you upgrade your computer.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.