Overclock.net banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
I've no idea what I'm doi
2,240 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi all. Recently have had a weird problem. While leak testing my loop I noticed that sometimes my power supply won't turn on at all. Its shorted, and plugged in to power, but sometimes when I switch if off, switching it back on won't turn the PSU on, it usually takes a few tries. When plugged in to my motherboard, I see the green standby light on the board. When the power supply is just plugged in or switched on after being off, my system will not power on at all. After a few minutes, it finally powers on, and sometimes it simply does a bootloop. I see my power light come one, fans and pump power up and then they shut off for half a second, power back up and repeat the cycle. I cut the power to the power supply and power it back up and then the system works just fine. If I shut the system off, but leave power to the power supply, when I turn it on, the system powers up, I hear my POST beep, power button blinks, and I hear the POST beep again, however nothing else shuts off in the system, nor does it boot loop anymore, thats all. My system works fine once its on, even under gaming load. I was told its possible to be a capacitor? If Either of these is failing I'd rather it be the PSU since finding an 1156 board isn't the easiest task, and I was meaning to change my PSU anyway. System is in my Sig

1 - 2 of 2 Posts