Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I am in the market for a new PSU, and I am having a bit of trouble deciding. I need my Power Supply to be black, I need it to be modular (preferably the cables to be as long as possible as well), and I need it to be 750w or over. Also, under $200 please!. If you have a PSU you would like to recommend, but its over $200 please recommend it anyways, and I will see if I can find it for cheap online, as NCIX does price matching.

For a long time I was thinking definitely I would go with the Corsair HX850w. Outstanding reviews, black, modular, 80+ Silver, did I mention outstanding reviews?
But recently, I came across the SeaSonic X750. Its a 750w psu with an 80+ Gold rating. It is black, it is modular, and best of all I can find it for $166, whereas the Corsair HX850w would set me back $179.

So, from the reviews I have read, the SeaSonic X750 is great, perhaps even top of its class. Here is one from Johnnyguru, but its on the 650w edition. I am quite confident they would be similar in performance. http://www.jonnyguru.com/modules.php...Story&reid=169
Here is one on the 750w http://www.hardocp.com/article/2009/...supply_review/

You might be thinking based on the reviews that there is no argument here, but I just want to be sure, and the best way to be sure is to ask the folk at OCN!

So, whats your opinion? SeaSonic X750, or Corsair HX850? Also, if there is another PSU you would like to recommend, I will gladly here your thoughts, but I would appreciate an explanation as to why your new suggestion is better than the two I already have in mind.

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
SeaSonic X750, without a doubt the best 750W power supply on the market and more than enough for your needs.

·
Premium Member
1,561 Posts
Johnny's the man when it comes to PSUs.

If the SS 750 is anything like the 650, I'm sure it's great.

If you don't need the extra 100W, save a little cash and go with the gold rating.

·
Registered
1,350 Posts
Corsair 750 or 850x I would go that way becuz they make a great psu and you will not be disappointed in them. Top 2 psu's on the market today. Go with Corsair man!!

·
Premium Member
16,520 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by GeneralCuster44 View Post
Corsair 750 or 850x I would go that way becuz they make a great psu and you will not be disappointed in them. Top 2 psu's on the market today. Go with Corsair man!!
Learn about PSUs before making ignorant comments.

• Rep+
Reactions: Ckaz

·
Registered
799 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Much appreciated! Its looking a lot like I will be purchasing the X750, unless someone has any last minute objections with valid arguments.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts