Overclock.net banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
is there a certain regulation on power for prescott's (s478)

and have anyone heard of the brand "topower"?, i've been looking at the XP series that they hv and it seems quite good, any comments??

·
Linux Guru
5,734 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud

is there a certain regulation on power for prescott's (s478)

and have anyone heard of the brand "topower"?, i've been looking at the XP series that they hv and it seems quite good, any comments??

Never heard of topower, Antec is a good name.

As for power regulation on Prescotts, there is none, but you must have a P4 compatible PSU and try to have high Wattage for flexability.

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
i know antec is a good one, but the thing is it's kinda $$$

i'm looking for alternatives now like silverstone and topower, silverstone models seems to be a bit low on the 12V rail, see if there' better solutions

if nothing is going to work out, then i'm going to grab a TT silentpower 480

i'm living in toronto but i'm not sure where i can find cheap and good pc parts, newegg seems nice but it's for ppl in US i guess ><!

·
Registered
18 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by ShawnMcGrail

www.bigfootcomputers.com
www.tigerdirect.ca
www.summitdirect.com
All in ontario, bigfoot is on dundas, tigerdirect is in markham, and summitdirect is in newmarket, all in the area. lol

lol any ones near scarborough/NorthYork area, going downtown and to markham is kinda a pain without a car

actually how do these sites work(by means of online ordering)?

so the taged price + tax + shipping (well.. same area doesn't apply i guess)??

·
Registered
199 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by cloud

lol any ones near scarborough/NorthYork area, going downtown and to markham is kinda a pain without a car

actually how do these sites work(by means of online ordering)?

so the taged price + tax + shipping (well.. same area doesn't apply i guess)??

I brought something from BIGFOOT last time, sure I need to pay the shipping unless I go and pick it up.

I am in Markham area, and BIGFOOT is in DUNDAS....shipping is like $6CAD....I think the gas fees for coming back and forth will be even more then that

1 - 6 of 6 Posts