q6600
water cooling system
2 dvd'r
2 hard drives
cathodes
4 gigs ram
8800gt alpha dog

what power supply do I need?

I have the mozart case and want something flashy(blue leds or all black) for under 100 from newegg.com

please help me out because I am sure my system will take some juice

·
Registered
116 Posts

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
anything thats not with rebate...2 much hassle

·
Registered
862 Posts
usually anything with cool LED's etc..is a junk PSU..

just get a clean black one...Corsair, Seasonic, PCP&C are all great brands..and you should get at least 650 watts.

I never knew cutting out a UPC, Printing out 2 sheets of paper and filling it out...Putting it in an envelope, mailing address stamp...hmmm 3 minutes of my time and 40 cents for possibly 30 off a 100 dollar purchase...gosh too much hassle!

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817703005

see...that psu is a steal atm and would set you up perfectly...and 3 minutes of your time to save an extra 30% is kind of stupid not to go through the "hassle"

I bought all my parts in my sig last week and it took 15 mins to print out rebates and get them put in envelopes etc...but guess what...I'm gonna get back 150 bucks in a month. IMO thats like working 15 mins and getting paid 150 bucks!

·
Registered
116 Posts
Even without the rebate the TX750 is still very well priced. Of course if you spend some time look for deals you will find better prices.

·
Registered
1,761 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by VincentJ View Post
For $129.99 you could get this PC Power and Cooling 750watts.
That would be my choice, too. That's a great deal.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by maddux View Post
I never knew cutting out a UPC, Printing out 2 sheets of paper and filling it out...Putting it in an envelope, mailing address stamp...hmmm 3 minutes of my time and 40 cents for possibly 30 off a 100 dollar purchase...gosh too much hassle!
Corsair screwed me on a $30 rebait
That was only the second time I got ripped off on a rebate in 12 years!

Back on topic

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
let me add one thing I want it sleeved also please

and I dont know the specs to calculater

·
Registered
862 Posts
that sucks...I've done probably 30 rebates in my life...I generally won't do it if its like a 5 dollar rebate etc...but anyways I've never had any company screw me before.

·
Banned
1,194 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by maddux View Post
usually anything with cool LED's etc..is a junk PSU..

just get a clean black one...Corsair, Seasonic, PCP&C are all great brands..and you should get at least 650 watts.

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16817703005

see...that psu is a steal atm and would set you up perfectly...and 3 minutes of your time to save an extra 30% is kind of stupid not to go through the "hassle"

I bought all my parts in my sig last week and it took 15 mins to print out rebates and get them put in envelopes etc...but guess what...I'm gonna get back 150 bucks in a month. IMO thats like working 15 mins and getting paid 150 bucks!

i highly recomend that PSU. i used it in a friends build with an E8400, 9800gtx+ (he now has sli) and its running perfect. it has tons of cables and they are very long, which is a good thing.

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
is it sleeved and is it enough power do u think if I overclock ram,video, cpu

·
Premium Member
16,114 Posts
I recommend the Antec EA650. $70 shipped from newegg.

·
Banned
1,194 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by jdub
View Post

is it sleeved and is it enough power do u think if I overclock ram,video, cpu

yea it is sleaved

yes it has enough power for sli my friend is running sli eVGA 9800GTX+, with an e8400, 4gb ram, and 2 hard drives and an optical drive

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
ok PC Power and Cooling 750watts is on its way

·
Registered
1,173 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
thank you thank you so much you guys here have been so much help and you can bet your a$$ I will log my work for yall to see

1 - 20 of 20 Posts