Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Whats the consensus on the quality of their cards? Physically they just look a little "shady" and they are almost always the cheapest cards in a given series. Those two things give me pause.

I haven't been around long enough to know much about the different companies, other than Sapphire is considered to make some of the best ATI cards out there.

I am wanting to replace my 4850 with something but i'm holding off until the new Nvida cards come out.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Sapphire is superior and liked more. Then XFX for their double warranty. Powercolor is the third favorite. Asus, Sapphire, MSI, XFX, HIS are the better third party companies. And stick with the reference card, if you're into OC'ing. I hope that helps.

·
Registered
3,229 Posts
Would put Asus well above powercolor cards...

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Quote:

Originally Posted by Vbp6us
View Post

Sapphire is superior and liked more. Then XFX for their double warranty. Powercolor is the third favorite. You want to get their reference card with them.

Really, wow. Didn't know that. If thats the case I may pull the trigger on a PowerColor 5850. But im tempted to hold off until the new Nvidia cards come out, because the price points for the 5 series are just stupid at the moment.

·
Registered
1,215 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sid Icarus
View Post

Really, wow. Didn't know that. If thats the case I may pull the trigger on a PowerColor 5850. But im tempted to hold off until the new Nvidia cards come out, because the price points for the 5 series are just stupid at the moment.

I've heard the prices are going to remain some what stable even after Fermi is released, but it doesn't hurt to wait. There has to be a drop in price due to the increased competition, albeit a small drop, imo.

·
Registered
659 Posts
If it's a reference card then there's not much to worry about. Not sure of Powercolors warranty in your country but here in SA we only get a 1 year warranty from Powercolor. That's the only downfall i can find

·
Registered
3,287 Posts
depends where you are really, Canada for instance warranty wise powercooler has sapphire and HIS beat with 2 years. i haven't really noticed any custom stuff from powercooler yet so its all reference as it stands, so quality wise it should be the same as the rest.(except for the crazy expensive custom ones from the other ones)

·
Registered
1,663 Posts
honestly i would stay away from powercolor and HIS i dont trust those companies

go either Sapphire, XFX, MSI, or ASUS

i know XFX would honor warranty no problems at all, but make sure to register your card online asap

I see Diamond is back in the game but don't know how good they are now.
Last time i saw diamond was on a Voodoo 2.

MSI is one of the best companies ever since i had my AMD K6-2 300 with Socket7 mb

·
Turtle Lives Matter
4,807 Posts

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
powercolor has fine quality, but the warranty is so so

·
Village Idiot
2,396 Posts
I just got a 5770 PCS+ from Newegg open box. Custom PCB with no voltage control but everything looks to be of acceptable quality and I have had no issues with it. I would feel confident purchasing another card from them in the future, though I'd rather get a Sapphire or XFX card instead.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts