Overclock.net banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,727 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Quote:

PowerColor launches 5770 Eyefinity 5 card

But can you afford the displays to go with it?
March 18, 2010

FOR THOSE OF you that are looking for an affordable card to power five displays, look no further, as PowerColor has announced its new Eyefinity5 HD5770 graphics card which as the name suggests, will handle five displays, unlike the Eyefinity 6 cards which work with six.

Although the new 5770 card from PowerColor is targeting gamers, we can see quite a few business users eyeing this card, as it’s a fair bit cheaper than going with specialized multi-screen solutions. We’re not quite sure how useful a 5770 is for a multi-screen scenario mixed with 3D graphics, as the GPU doesn’t quite have the grunt to handle that many high-resolution displays....

Source

·
more chroma!
3,565 Posts
One word "crazy"

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
What? hmmmm, not what I'd have done. This card won't be able to game on 5 monitors well at all...

I tried 1920*1200*3 with left 4 dead 2, everything set to low, and got 20fps. Maybe if someone had 1024*1280*5. Maybe

·
Registered
216 Posts
I like the idea of 5 displays... But i agree that card is hideous... And i never really been a fan of PowerColor... Hopefully Sapphire or XFX makes a better version... I wonder if you have to use a passive adapter to use more then 2?

·
Registered
2,277 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Velcrowchickensoup
View Post

Run 3 of then in Crossfire and then run five displays...

Or get 3 not in crossfire and get 15 display's!!

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
I think this is my next card.

What's it cost?

·
Registered
451 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by E_man
View Post

What? hmmmm, not what I'd have done. This card won't be able to game on 5 monitors well at all...

I tried 1920*1200*3 with left 4 dead 2, everything set to low, and got 20fps. Maybe if someone had 1024*1280*5. Maybe

Thats why you use it separately like a 5970 + 5770.?

·
Premium Member
9,378 Posts
mini display port... do not want!

·
Registered
2,524 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by E_man
View Post

my thoughts exactly!

·
Premium Member
7,204 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by 1keith1
View Post

Or get 3 not in crossfire and get 15 display's!!

That is the most ridiculous overkill idea ever. I'm doing it!

Quote:

Originally Posted by Pwnage of Death
View Post

Thats why you use it separately like a 5970 + 5770.?

Hmm, so use this as a monitor driver instead of a gaming card? maybe, but I bet you could find 3 40$ cards that do the same for cheaper if you got the psu and space. And they won't need DP adapters if you have non-DP monitors.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts