Overclock.net banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
Joined
·
364 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814102841
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814131156

the powercolor is only 10 bucks less with a 20$ mir, and even if the mir is crap its only 10$ more than the vapor-x. I heard that a good clock on a vapor-x is around 950mhz, and the power color already comes with that. In reviews ive seen the pcs+ compared to the toxic, which is $250. Right now the pcs+ is looking like a better choice, the only thing is that i heard it's real loud. What do you guys think?
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,022 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by nemesi5
View Post

Your better off with the Sapphire 4890 Toxic edition or Atomic
Otherwise, you can get the new Asus 4890 Non Reference cooler
http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814121311

This ^ or the powercolor over the toxic.

Edit: I meant Vapor-X, not Toxic. The Toxic and the Atomic 4890's would be my first pick now, but they will probably be harder to find.
 

·
PC Evangelist
Joined
·
47,375 Posts
Vapor-X is overrated. Juts get the ASUS card or Powercolor which is 950Mhz already.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
1,390 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by criminal
View Post

This ^ or the powercolor over the toxic.

dont be upset because your card didnt overclock well, the Toxic's are amazing overclockers, mine overclocks to 1070/1195 the powercolor is a turd overclocker, and extremely loud, read this review, then read this review on the Toxic, you tell me which is better....
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,022 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by tdesbien31
View Post

dont be upset because your card didnt overclock well, the Toxic's are amazing overclockers, mine overclocks to 1070/1195 the powercolor is a turd overclocker, and extremely loud, read this review, then read this review on the Toxic, you tell me which is better....


Oops... my bad. I meant Vapor-X not Toxic. Slip of the finger.

Edit: Sorry tdesbien31, honest mistake. I really meant to type Vapor-X, but I have the Toxic on my mind. I am so wishing I got it instead of the Vapor-X now.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,487 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ZealotKi11er
View Post

Vapor-X is overrated. Juts get the ASUS card or Powercolor which is 950Mhz already.

I disagree my Vapor-X runs quet and cool at 950Mhz core and I can go higher if I wanted.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
11,022 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by Chucklez
View Post

I disagree my Vapor-X runs quet and cool at 950Mhz core and I can go higher if I wanted.

Yeah, I just got a bad one. I love the card other than the fact it overclocks for crap! Even Sapphire thinks something is wrong with the card after I explained all my issues with them. Despite all that it looks awesome and runs cool.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,487 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by criminal
View Post

Yeah, I just got a bad one. I love the card other than the fact it overclocks for crap! Even Sapphire thinks something is wrong with the card after I explained all my issues with them. Despite all that it looks awesome and runs cool.

Yeah you just got a bad one, not all will be that crappy at OCing.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,487 Posts

·
Banned
Joined
·
5,782 Posts
Overclocking is luck of the draw. I have a vanilla XFX 4890 that cost me $187 and it does 960/1100 stock voltage, stable.

Some of the XXX UBER PCS+ EXTR33M ED1T10N cards out there that cost arms, legs and kidneys don't overclock as well as mine. Some do. Some overclock better. It's luck of the draw.

XFX "stock" coolers are actually a teeny-bit non-reference (they have VRM coolers, and they are different design-wise from all other stock coolers, I don't know why they differ though).
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,487 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by tigim101
View Post

so vapor-x>pcs+ ? i dont need the clock to go super high, loudness is more important, ill get annoyed if i have a jet going off at my feet, even if i have more fps in crysis

Vapor-X then the card is very quiet even when OCed its still pretty quiet.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
3,487 Posts
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
Top