Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,<br><br>
I was hoping someone would be able to help me with this, but it looks like a long shot. I just got a Dell PE1600SC motherboard for free(p/n: T3006) and I don't have the propietery power button connector from the Dell case. I was hoping there'd be a way around that power button connection? Is there a spec sheet as to where the specific connectors go?<br>
Any help would be greatly appreciated.<br><br>
Thanks

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
if there isnt a power button, just short the power sw connectors on the motherboard ( there nearly always labeled on every motherboard )<br><br>
if not just go on the dell website and search for the model number, im sure something will come up

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The thing is, it's one of those power connectors with one big connector for the whole thing. So, there's no defined power_sw pins. =(<br>
The website shows nothing.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
is the power button actually attached to the cables ?<br>
or is there no power button at all?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
No, it's just the motherboard, I don't have the case with the propietary connector. The button is a regular one from a standard ATX case. I heard of someone doing it before, but I tried all the possible ways to do it.

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
so if its just the motherboard are you sure you can find power sw ?<br><br>
if there is a big block of cables all connected together then just pull if off and remember where they were.<br><br>
If you cant find power sw then you cant do anything with it.<br><br>
server board isnt it ?

·
Registered
310 Posts
The power switch is usually in the bottom right corner of the motherboard I believe. You can always try touch the tips of the pins with a screwdriver. Basically "hot-wiring" your PC. I'm modding my main case right now and I don't have a switch on my backup case so that's what I'm doing for now. It doesn't cause any harm at all to your PC because that is basically all a switch is doing, just jumping the connection when you push the switch.

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>mootin</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">so if its just the motherboard are you sure you can find power sw ?<br />
<br />
if there is a big block of cables all connected together then just pull if off and remember where they were.<br />
<br />
If you cant find power sw then you cant do anything with it.<br />
<br />
server board isnt it ?</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>Yep, it's a server board. <br />
But, I don't think you fully understand what I mean here, it's one big connecter that has everything inside of it (psw, rsw, led, hddled) all in one connection. Is there anyother way to start it up?

·
Registered
3,182 Posts
if you take that big connector off, then look at the pins it was covering look for power sw.<br />
<br />
<br />
can you find or take a picture of it?

·
Registered
74 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
<div style="margin:20px; margin-top:5px; ">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px">Quote:</div>
<table cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" border="0" width="99%">
<tr>
<td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset">

<div>
Originally Posted by <strong>mootin</strong>

</div>
<div style="font-style:italic">if you take that big connector off, then look at the pins it was covering look for power sw.<br />
<br />
<br />
can you find or take a picture of it?</div>

</td>
</tr>
</table>
</div>Ok, I got it to do this:<br />
<br />
It powered on, but then shut off again. Within a half second. What could that mean?

·
Premium Member
8,427 Posts
Did you make sure you are using the propietary PSU as well? Dell went and changed the pinouts of all the plugs.

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
<div style="margin:20px;margin-top:5px;">
<div class="smallfont" style="margin-bottom:2px;">Quote:</div>
<table border="0" cellpadding="6" cellspacing="0" width="99%"><tr><td class="alt2" style="border:1px inset;">
<div>Originally Posted by <strong>Fishie36</strong></div>
<div style="font-style:italic;">Did you make sure you are using the propietary PSU as well? Dell went and changed the pinouts of all the plugs.</div>
</td>
</tr></table></div>
No way dude, seriously? That'll throw off my whole set-up.

·
Registered
4,193 Posts
take a pic of the connector post it here and ill check if it the same as my board and post back the proper pin jumping procedure

1 - 13 of 13 Posts