Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
770 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Right, I've aquired
an 120mm NMB 4715kl-04w-b39 fan from work, its out of a compaq proliant server. I've searched the net and all i can find is a weird pdf stating that it pushes 160cfm (true or untrue???). I was planning on mounting it somewhere in my case so i tested it first out of my machine and as soon as i booted the fan took off accross my desk
. Me thinks hehe, this should be nice for cooling, however it really isn't the quietest if you know what i mean. is there similar fans on the market that push as much air but are quieter? Sorry i cannot find the dB of this fan anywhere on the net.

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
At that rate of CFM nothing is quiet. The closest thing to that fan on the consumer level at least is the Vantec Tornado that pushes like 113 CFM but its loud as hell when cranked all the way up. I know, I have one. You have a rare find it seems. Although I saw a website where a guy had some for sale at like 50 bucks a pop. Thats insane.

·
Premium Member
2,572 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by digitalphreak

At that rate of CFM nothing is quiet. The closest thing to that fan on the consumer level at least is the Vantec Tornado that pushes like 113 CFM but its loud as hell when cranked all the way up. I know, I have one. You have a rare find it seems. Although I saw a website where a guy had some for sale at like 50 bucks a pop. Thats insane.

You got Delta who do a 120mm that pushes 190cfm then you got YS-Tech that do quite a few 120mm ranging from 115cfm to 145cfm. Detal is noisey but the YS-Tech is quite quiet at 125cfm which is what I got.

·
Premium Member
3,983 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DeaDLocK

You got Delta who do a 120mm that pushes 190cfm then you got YS-Tech that do quite a few 120mm ranging from 115cfm to 145cfm. Detal is noisey but the YS-Tech is quite quiet at 125cfm which is what I got.

Jesus man! I havent seen those. Still I dont see how they could be "quiet".

·
Premium Member
22,000 Posts
That is some HUGE airflow! Put in the fan, and throw the noisy beast under your desk!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts