Overclock.net banner

1 - 15 of 15 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by AZNracerx1989
I just bought a POWMAX case with a 400 watt power supply (BIG MISTAKE!!)
yeah no $h1t, powmax makes my teeth hurt just thinking about it
. i also had a powmax 400w psu and the rails sucked ass, the +12v rail was always over 12.5v (Very bad). best thing you can do is get a better psu. tell us your budget and we'll be here for you.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

dammm i used alot of money on ram.. cpu fan... motherboard... cpu and now i have to get a new PSU!!!

i need the cheapest possible
is it really that dangerous to use the POWMAX???
if you're running stock you should be fine but this website is all about overclocking so i'd recommend getting a new one if u plan to OC.

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

im into overlcoking.... i plan to overclock that thing to 2.7 ghz!!! since i got a good cpu fan and everything....

ill just try it lol the fuse will blow if it doesnt work anywys

LOL dude then you're gonna need some serious power not that powmax crap, i was 2.7 too but i'm still not there yet, it's a long and expensive road for me. don't say i didn't warn you. death to powmax

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
Yeah I have a 300watt PowMAX on my other folding rig and the 12 rail spikes to over 19volts sometimes

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts

·
Premium Member
4,555 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by YiffyGriffy
Yeah I have a 300watt PowMAX on my other folding rig and the 12 rail spikes to over 19volts sometimes

Holy crap... Thats some voltage. What the hardware in that rig must be going through hell.

·
Banned
1,018 Posts
its gonna b ok - just dont stress the power lines (ie. dont add 4 opticaldrives,3HDDs, 4 dimms and overclock the thing)

1 - 15 of 15 Posts