Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
My current rig is e6750, 4gb 800mhz, 9800gx2 win7 rc1.
I got the smp client for windows and I run it with -smp command but is this ppd correct?

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
Definitely not. Go into your folding folder (har har) and delete your fahcore.exe file. Next, add the -advmethods flag in the same place you put in -smp and start it up again. This should toss you the a1 cores that gives more than 1500 points per WU.

• Rep+
Reactions: xerno

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the quick reply, I deleted the file and added the new flag, but still got the same result

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
If I might ask, which SMP client are you using, Deino or MPICH? Have you updated the .exe to the 6.24 version from here? I'm just running through ways to keep your client up to date, sorry if this sounds elementary.

EDIT: crap, I just remembered: after you delete the core you also need to delete the queue file and work folder as well or it will just chuck you another of the same WU. That's probably why that happened.

·
Registered
1,431 Posts
So did you try deleting the core, the queue, and the work folder then starting up again with the -smp and -advmethods tags? Whenever I've gotten Amber cores and crap like that that's how I've fixed it.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts