I have the following setting

CPU Freq: 210
DRAM: 420
PCIe Freq: Auto
PCI clock sync: 33 Mhz
Spread spectrum: disabled

DDR setting:
2.5-4-4-8

If I try to bump the CPU frequency any higher than 210, system will freeze. Is it because of my DDR setting? Thanks for the help!

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
no no no, PCI always at 33MHz, no more no less
More vcore is what it sounds like, or possibley loosen up the RAM timings, try for 3-3-3-10 or 3-3-3-12

·
Premium Member
11,430 Posts
RAM timings will usually be under the "Advanced" or "Chipset" menu in BIOS. You can view them by looking at the memory tab in CPU-Z

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
the 3-3-3-12 setting seems to do the trick. Now I'm at CPU freq 220 and no problem yet. With water cooling temp at idle remains the same. But if I go over 220 it starts to freeze again. Do I raise vcore now, or is there something else before I try that? Current vcore is at 1.408, what is the max vcore I can go without damage? Is it 1.525 for LGA775?

·
Registered
579 Posts
you have DDR on that board? thought the C had DDR2... Im suprised your 530 only got 220 before locking up... my 530 runs 235 no problem i think it should run 250 no prob but it doesnt seem to see things that way

Yeah i would try more vcore but still its kinda funny you need it already

·
Banned
1,085 Posts
ok, reduce your RAM:CPU Ratio, deal with rm clock later, so drop your ratio down so your ram is 400Mhz or under. Now, lock your PCI/AGP bus at 33/66MHZ. Up the Mhz until unstable. Then up your Voltage by the smallest increments each time 0.025V in most cases. then when your computer gets unstable and you don't won't to push your voltages any higher, then back off you voltage 1 notch to start with and reduce your FSB down 2 mhz, then if all seems stable, run a stress test. If you have Adobe Premiere, that is the best thing to work your CPU to the max. I've tried Toast Prime 95 and nothing gets your temps up faster than Adobe Premiere. If you don't have premiere then try and find Hot CPU Tester. That thing also heats up your CPU quite well

·
Registered
120 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I finally broke 210 barrier. I got around in the bios to reduce ram:cpu ratio. After that, the thing just start to fly. I'm at 240 and looks like it wants more. vcore still at 1.4, no change in temp. checked video and needed to tune down by 5 mhz for some artifacts. other than that it looks all good. mem voltage still smae 1.8v. This is great! I'm going to push it some more

1 - 12 of 12 Posts