Overclock.net banner

Pressure cap to release air ?

541 views 6 replies 5 participants last post by  ThrashZone 
#1 ·
lord knows how long ek will take to approve rma for a bad pump, I since replaced it with a enermax neochanger . system has been tested over 24hrs, no leaks in final layout but some minor baubles remain... I tried to remove things from equasion, like my drain plug I made but still had some minor ones left.. trippl checked all fittings, all are on hand tight, no leaks

filled res to rim of black cap, hope left eno gap for baubles to pop as thy rise... their are 3 spots I can put one of the caps if thy exist, top of tt-rl420 ( in/out ports are on bottom of case, 5th plug is towards top ) , on top of pump/res combo ( fill port ) or on the acrylic 5 way splitter..

as you see in 1st image, those are air baubles I was seeing, rest of system I don't see any issue with flow, its solid red... what I do think is theirs some air in top mounted EKFG-240mm alum radiator. last image is final layout in ttx71 case, I used f31 for I'm old ivy bridge system...

Attachments

See less See more
#2 ·
It will likely take days or weeks for all of the air to work itself out of your loop. You can speed up the process by shifting your system around, leaning it front/back/sideways and even turning it upside down.

#5 ·
Hi,
One of things I like about soft lines opposed to hard line is one can squeeze the lines before and after each device and create pressure changes that do great for releasing large and small air bubbles :)

#6 ·
Yes I've been doing this yesterday with my newly assembled loop and it certainly speeds up things. However, I will still go with hard tubes sometime within the next month. I just could not wait any longer to power on my rig after a long 4-5 month parts gathering and planning process. I powered it on yesterday and currently tuning the BIOS & Thermal sensors before I install windows.

#7 ·
Hi,
Yeah soft tube is nice
I've had my stuff disassembled/ moved so many times hard pipe would of been a major set back every time
Good to see what and where stuff works out best before hard pipping :)

Plus changing thermal paste is a piece of cake with soft tubing :thumb:

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.