Overclock.net banner

1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys. Well, after all the work of converting my board and buying the bridge and spending hard earned cash on 2 6600GTs...I'm thinking of switching them out. I'm looking to get either a 7800GT or 7800GTX (probably the GT) and I want to know how much I could expect to get for my 2 6600GTs...I have both of the boxes still with all the software and connectors and ****.

thanks for any help.

·
phenomenal swag
3,673 Posts
Find the cheapest retail 6600GT you can find, and then subtract about $25-50 from the price. That's about the most you can expect to get.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
my guess would be somewhere around 100-120. each. youll have to pay more for the 7800gt than youll get for them. in this case you may be better off keeping them and waiting for new technology. they should be performing fairly well.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazino

my guess would be somewhere around 100-120. each. youll have to pay more for the 7800gt than youll get for them. in this case you may be better off keeping them and waiting for new technology. they should be performing fairly well.

I"m just doing it because I want dual monitors, and SLI doesn't work with dual monitors

·
phenomenal swag
3,673 Posts
Well, the cheapest 6600GT I could find was for $122 here...so I'd say you wouldn't be able to sell it for that price unless you know some incredibly stupid people
. I'd say $100 each max.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideburns

I"m just doing it because I want dual monitors, and SLI doesn't work with dual monitors

Well, in that case, you can disable SLI and run dual-monitors.

·
Registered
2,338 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sideburns

good, was hoping you werent doing it for performance. you may get more on ebay but fees will make up for most of the difference. when you have the reps you might sell them here but for more like 90-100 i woould assume.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jazino

good, was hoping you werent doing it for performance. you may get more on ebay but fees will make up for most of the difference. when you have the reps you might sell them here but for more like 90-100 i woould assume.

technically a 7800GT is better than 2 6600GTs...but no worth the extra price I'd be paying.

·
Premium Member
8,095 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Quote:

Originally Posted by decimate

Well, the cheapest 6600GT I could find was for $122 here...so I'd say you wouldn't be able to sell it for that price unless you know some incredibly stupid people
. I'd say $100 each max.

Well, in that case, you can disable SLI and run dual-monitors.

That would be stupid. Then I'd have to re-enable SLI whenever I wanna play games. I'd much rather just play the game and not change stuff.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts