Overclock.net banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I don't know if this is the same over in the states, but there is something strange with the pricing of PC games over here at the moment. Its almost like a price war

Games like CoD2 are still at ~£32, which is normal pricing for new games. However, F.E.A.R and Quake 4 are down to £15 already! BF2 Special Forces is around £20, and thats just an expansion pack. NFS: Most Wanted is around £30. The expensive games tend to be EA published, and the cheaper ones are other publishers...is everyone out to get EA or something?

·
Registered
3,792 Posts
Well EA does it because they know al ot of kids want the game, and people are going out and buying EA games instead of the other companies because of their advertisement, so i guess they have to lower their prices to get more sales....

·
Premium Member
5,079 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'm not complaining, I picked up a bargain

Quake 4 = £16.97
Tesco have 20% off all CD, DVD and Video Games
Coupled with 10% staff discount
= £11.80 for a game a few weeks old

·
Premium Member
4,596 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by muffin

I'm not complaining, I picked up a bargain

Quake 4 = £16.97
Tesco have 20% off all CD, DVD and Video Games
Coupled with 10% staff discount
= £11.80 for a game a few weeks old

Nice, how much is that USD? 20?

·
Registered
688 Posts
OMG Muffin why have i never thought of that!! my mum has a staff discount at Tesco too! looks like she is gona take me shopping

·
Registered
672 Posts
Are you sure $60 isn't for the collector's edition? I've really never seen any games priced above $50, with the exception of Collector's/Special Edition, $54.99 games, and XBOX360 games.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts