Overclock.net banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
How long should i run Prime 95 on my recent OC i got my athlon X4 620 TO 3.2 GHZ and the max temp on P95 is 43c ive been running it for 25 minutes now no problems with me luck

·
Premium Member
9,806 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Messenjah View Post
I run a blend test for 15-20min every time I change something till I hit unstable. Change setting and then run it again for anoterh 15-20min.

For making sure its 100% stable run it for 12-24 hours.
This is pretty good advice. Except for one thing. Once you've tweaked all of your settings, especially when changing anything to do with the RAM or CPU-NB, it is imperative to let P95 blend test run for a minimum of 16 hours. 24 is preferable.

My last run I let it run for 36 hours.

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
You also need to make sure you use "custom" instead of blended. Blended will only use 1.6GB of RAM. Custom, set your RAM usage to 75% or more of your total RAM, to make sure you get all your RAM stressed.

Again, 12+ hours for the final overclock.

• Rep+
Reactions: Jzkillzone23

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneerisloud View Post
You also need to make sure you use "custom" instead of blended. Blended will only use 1.6GB of RAM. Custom, set your RAM usage to 75% or more of your total RAM, to make sure you get all your RAM stressed.

Again, 12+ hours for the final overclock.
Ok 12 hours am i supposed to stay awake or something >.>

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jzkillzone23 View Post
Nahh man. Get yourself to where it passes for at least an hour using 75% or more of the RAM (using Prime95 "custom"). If it passes an hour, and temps are okay...just let it run over night. I just passed mine this morning

·
Registered
134 Posts
Quote:

I just set it up before I got to sleep or work when I do the long stress test. I got 2 fans on the cpu cooler so even if one fails or something the other will cool just fine but most likly nothing should happen.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Quote:

Nahh man. Get yourself to where it passes for at least an hour using 75% or more of the RAM (using Prime95 "custom"). If it passes an hour, and temps are okay...just let it run over night. I just passed mine this morning
Ok i put it at 75% ram and im letting it run Temps Arent going over 43C
you said let it pass one hour then let it go overnight?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Quote:

Ok i put it at 75% ram and im letting it run Temps Arent going over 43C
you said let it pass one hour then let it go overnight?
i PUT the Custom one to 3300mb of my ram which is over 75% and how much should my cpu% use be?

·
Registered
134 Posts
Quote:

well I wouldn't say 1 hour cause as I was working on hitting 4.0 on mine it always crashed with in the range of hour to 2 hours of the blend till I hit the right voltage but I still need to do a 24 hour stress test to make sure 100% stable even know I been playing games on it for a few hours now

From what someone post in a guide I read your NB don't get stressed to around 2-3 hours into the test at the 512K FFT. So if it makes it to that I would say its good to go for a long test.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Quote:

well I wouldn't say 1 hour cause as I was working on hitting 4.0 on mine it always crashed with in the range of hour to 2 hours of the blend till I hit the right voltage but I still need to do a 24 hour stress test to make sure 100% stable even know I been playing games on it for a few hours now

From what someone post in a guide I read your NB don't get stressed to around 2-3 hours into the test at the 512K FFT. So if it makes it to that I would say its good to go for a long test.
Well i used the Custom one and put RAM to 3200 mb to be used I guess we wait now ALSO is TEMP2 IN hWmonitor your NB?

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Jzkillzone23
View Post

i PUT the Custom one to 3300mb of my ram which is over 75% and how much should my cpu% use be?

You should be using 100% of the CPU, and as near 100% of the RAM as you possibly can, with the system still responding (I usually do 75% myself, which will put roughly 95% load on the RAM).

Quote:

Originally Posted by Messenjah
View Post

That may be. But he doesn't need to sit there and babysit it for 2-3 hours. An hour will suffice. And then just let it run overnight. If it passes overnight (assuming temps are safe in that first hour), then its stable (assuming 12+ hours here). If it has failed during the overnight test....adjust settings and try again.

·
Registered
134 Posts
Quote:

View Post

Well i used the Custom one and put RAM to 3200 mb to be used I guess we wait now ALSO is TEMP2 IN hWmonitor your NB?

TMPIN0=Cpu Socket temp? I belive
TMPIN1=North Bridge
TMPIN2= I have no clue

Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneerisloud
View Post

That may be. But he doesn't need to sit there and babysit it for 2-3 hours. An hour will suffice. And then just let it run overnight. If it passes overnight (assuming temps are safe in that first hour), then its stable (assuming 12+ hours here). If it has failed during the overnight test....adjust settings and try again.

Yeah I know. I just have my pc in my living room so I am able to check it every little to adjust if needed while I am doing stuff around the house.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
I dont get it the stress test starts at 75% ram and 75% cpu then after 4 minutes it goes down to 50%..... Tell me what to set everything to for the custom test so it stays at like 80% and 80%

·
Registered
134 Posts
Quote:

I dont get it the stress test starts at 75% ram and 75% cpu then after 4 minutes it goes down to 50%..... Tell me what to set everything to for the custom test so it stays at like 80% and 80%
Is one of your cores stoppin the stress test?

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
Quote:

Is one of your cores stoppin the stress test?
Worker #2 and #3 stop...

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Quote:

Worker #2 and #3 stop...
Then you're not stable. It should be using near 100% of your RAM, and 100% of the CPU at all times.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Quote:

Then you're not stable. It should be using near 100% of your RAM, and 100% of the CPU at all times.
So what should i do :O im at 1.46 vcore NB voltage is 1.2

·
Super Moderator
32,931 Posts
Quote:

View Post

So what should i do :O im at 1.46 vcore NB voltage is 1.2

NB voltage is pointless. You should be adjusting your CPU-NB voltage.

What is your NB speed at? HT Link speed? RAM speed and timings?

EDIT:
If its the 3.2GHz in your sig...that should be easily doable on stock volts, or 1.40v at the most on the CPU.

·
Registered
1,145 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
Quote:

Originally Posted by pioneerisloud
View Post

NB voltage is pointless. You should be adjusting your CPU-NB voltage.

What is your NB speed at? HT Link speed? RAM speed and timings?

EDIT:
If its the 3.2GHz in your sig...that should be easily doable on stock volts, or 1.40v at the most on the CPU.

Then i have been mislead..... Nb speed is 2460 Ht link is 1968 Ram is 1331mhz
One guy told me to raise cpu vcore to 1.46 and NB vcore to 1.20

Edit what do you mean CPU-NB?

1 - 20 of 41 Posts