Overclock.net banner
1 - 20 of 36 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,442 Posts
I had better luck @ 9x418, my prime would last for 14+ @ 3.8 but I eventually had to give in.

·
Premium Member
3,844 Posts
I usually call it good after 12 hours. So 18 is really good. Go play some games and relax.

·
Registered
3,096 Posts
Honestly unless for some reason your CPU will be at 100% ALL the time. I wouldn't worry about it at all.

·
Premium Member
7,012 Posts
One notch up the voltage on the vCore, the NTFS error even though related to your hard drive is very likely the result of an unstable OC.

·
Premium Member
5,442 Posts
Try a small FFT, much better for actually stressing the CPU.

I set it to run before bed, and leave it go til I come home from work.

·
Premium Member
7,012 Posts
Oh, if you were running blend, the RAM might be the culprit, run 5 loops of Memtest to rule the RAM out.

• Rep+
Reactions: Shift.

·
Banned
2,821 Posts
Try upping MCH a notch. Failing small ffts is almost always Vcore issues.Failing large and blend is mostly NB or RAM setting issues.

·
Iconoclast
31,524 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by corey407woc
View Post

yeah bsod after 18 hours

ntsf error or something

More vNB would probably fix it; vcore or vdimm are other possibilities.

Blend stresses the chipset, but there are many other applications, even games, that stress the chipset more.

I've had systems past 72 hours of blend only to crap out after 3-4 hours of STALKER because of insufficent vNB.

If you want to test the CPU only, use small FTTs, then IBT or LinX.

If you want to test the ram, use multiple instances of HCI Memtest for windows. It's vastly more stressful, and more useful for OCing, than Memetest86(+), which is single threaded only.

If you want to really test the NB, you need to hit the CPU, the memory, and the GPU, simultaneously. 4-8 hours of IBT (or LinX) on low priority, plus 3Dmark on a loop, with Prime Large FTTs running in the background to mop up any spare cycles works fairly well, in my experience.

·
Registered
453 Posts
Discussion Starter · #19 ·
yeah guys i have the f7 bios

running 3.6 400x9

1.35 in bios LLC enabled

1.328 in cpuz but hits 1.312 on load idk why

2.12 in bios ram 5-5-5-15 @ 800 1:1 ratio but 2.1 in everest and every other program on windows

1.40 mch voltage which failed after 18 hours now raising to 1.44 mch

mch reference left at auto but now putting at .943 to test tonight

·
Registered
2,795 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by corey407woc
View Post

yeah guys i have the f7 bios

running 3.6 400x9

1.35 in bios LLC enabled

1.328 in cpuz but hits 1.312 on load idk why

2.12 in bios ram 5-5-5-15 @ 800 1:1 ratio but 2.1 in everest and every other program on windows

1.40 mch voltage which failed after 18 hours now raising to 1.44 mch

mch reference left at auto but now putting at .943 to test tonight

Most likely your low MCH was the issue. When I had a Q6600 and ran it close to that speed I used MCH of around 1.5V

1 - 20 of 36 Posts