Overclock.net banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I can never run it for more than 1 minute without getting an error. No matter if I have overclocked, underclocked, upped the voltage, or kept it at stock settings.

And sometimes coretemp says i'm at 25C, other times I'm in the 40s, and sometimes i'm at 60...and last boot I was at 96....how can my cpu temp fluxuate that much?

Now I remember why M2N-E sucks

any suggestions?

·
Programmer
28,696 Posts
i am never stable too unless i increase voltage really high even at stoc speeds i need huge voltage on my Q6600. i just need a better cooler now to support my overvolt/overclock lol.

·
Banned
3,183 Posts
what do you use for cpu cooling? did you re-apply thermal paste and re-seat hsf? prolly air pocket between cpu and hsf.

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by alwaysAMD
View Post

try orthos.

Agreed. Go orthos. I have had similar problems with P95, and have been running orthos ever since. Which is weird because I heard they are the same, just a different GUI.

·
Registered
602 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I reseated the cpu and heatsink with new AS5 and it seems to work
I got Orthos running and it showed that my computer was stable at:
200*15 = 3ghz with voltage on "Auto"
Temps looked good going from 27-35 under stress

I went to change the voltage to 1.45 to boot up...then I was gonna try 200*15.5

While I was testing Orthos at 1.45 my temps went from 45 up to 130 and the computer power'd down

Was this just dumb or do I have to change the multiplier in order to get a gauge of what the voltage needs to be. Plus...my voltage in cpu-z shows up anywhere from 1.24 to 1.30 when it's on Auto. I've tried those and it won't boot so I'm assuming that's too low...

·
Premium Member
10,389 Posts
130C!!!!!

Either you are seating your cooler incorrectly, or you have some busted heatpipes. That is HIGHLY DANGEROUS for your CPU. Are you using the stock cooler?

·
Registered
776 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheJack
View Post

Windows Memory diagnostic repair tool for vista is testing ram right now...it's new corsair ram 2x2GB 6400

could it be the fact that my board only supports up to 1.95v for ram

Isnt that ram only 1.8v anyway?
Wow 130c? Thats really not good at all. Check your heatsink seating

1 - 13 of 13 Posts