Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1,521 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
yesterday afternoon I oc'd my machine. after doing other things to test stability I ran prime95. when I went to bed it had been running for over 6hrs
this morning I wake up come to my comp room to check on it and there was one of those windows errors saying prime95 encountered an error and needed to be shut down, would you like to send an error report.

I looked at the prime95 screen and it hadnt reported an error in its testing,so Im guessing this is just one of those stupid things that happen in windows, what do you all think, should I be ok and consider my comp stable?

·
Premium Member
1,559 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by DevilDriver

yesterday afternoon I oc'd my machine. after doing other things to test stability I ran prime95. when I went to bed it had been running for over 6hrs
this morning I wake up come to my comp room to check on it and there was one of those windows errors saying prime95 encountered an error and needed to be shut down, would you like to send an error report.

I looked at the prime95 screen and it hadnt reported an error in its testing,so Im guessing this is just one of those stupid things that happen in windows, what do you all think, should I be ok and consider my comp stable?

I think it was more of a Windows issue than a stability issue. You may want to run Prime for a couple hours during the day when you can keep an eye on it to make sure. Usually prime will give you an error when the PC is unstable. if prime didn't give an error than your OC is probably stable.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Hi,

Any other replies for this? I'm hitting a similar issue;

Dual socket Intel D5400XS (Skulltrail)
Pair of Xeon e5420 @ 3.15Ghz (stock 2.5Ghz)
vCore @ 1.3375 (stock 1.2500)
FSB 420 @ 1.3v (stock 333 @ 1.2v)
MCH 1.35 (stock 1.25)

- Prime95 v25.6 ran fine for over 24hrs using small FFT.
- Running Prime95 in blend mode gives Windows error "Prime95 encountered an error..." within a few hours.
- Memtest86+ has been running for over 16hrs without any trouble.

What might the proplem be? My intent is to run this as a memory/cpu intensive server running 24/7 for days at a time doing financial data analysis.

Thanks.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts