Overclock.net banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Premium Member
10,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey, could someone please explain how to use Prime95?
I dl'd it and ran it, this is what i got on my screen after about 2 hours:
][/URL]

I selected this setting:
][/URL]

Prime95 is supposed to tell you what your full load CPU temp is.... it just looks like gibberish to me, as you can see in the screen shot, it says nothing about full load CPU temp!
Help, Thanks
-Sin100

·
Premium Member
10,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
#Dose prime95 run never stopping?
#Can it ever burn up your system
##I ran it for about 12 hours and here is what i got, i print screened it when the green tick appeared, dose this mean somthing? like it has settled?
][/URL]
er.. Is this then:
Idle = 47*C ???
Full = 58*C ???
Thanks
-Sin100

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Prime will run till you shut it off. Or you get an error. 8-12 hrs is good....some say 24 hrs to be sure.
Those temps are from different things in your system, not load and idle temps.

• Rep+
Reactions: Sin100

·
Premium Member
10,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
o....well what are they then?
I was told that if i run speedfan asnd prime at the same time that reading i can see under then "Readings" tab was my CPU temp idle and full?
If it isn't then what is it? and how do i find out what my idle and full load temp is!! agg is it really this much trouble to find out?

·
Registered
988 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Sin100

I was told that if i run speedfan asnd prime at the same time that reading i can see under then "Readings" tab was my CPU temp idle and full?
If it isn't then what is it? and how do i find out what my idle and full load temp is!! agg is it really this much trouble to find out?

LoL no it is not that much trouble ....That 58C you found was probably you're CPU Temperature This was you're load temperature or maximum temp of CPU while it is doing 100% work for hours. Your Idle Temp can be found if you just load in windows run speed fan and just let your computer sit there for like 5 - 10 minutes to see the temp of it when it is doing 0% work

·
Premium Member
2,448 Posts
Quote:

It looks like the load temp is 58c. Never saw speedfan give an ambient temp and the -128 is obviously wrong. Idle temps are when nothing is running. Open speedfan and nothing else and see what the 58c reading changes to. If it goes down to mid 40's then thats your cpu temp. After verifying that, start prime again and you should see that reading go back to 58 or so.

• Rep+
Reactions: Sin100

·
Premium Member
10,192 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Ok thanks for all the help so far guys but there is still one thing i am not sure about, the Ambient...what the hell is it lol? when i minimize speedfan it displays the ambient number at the system tray...im like no i want you to display the CPU temp, which i now know is "remote 1"....
][/URL]
As you can see, what the hell is it??
Thanks!
-Sin100

·
Registered
988 Posts
Quote:

Ok thanks for all the help so far guys but there is still one thing i am not sure about, the Ambient...what the hell is it lol? when i minimize speedfan it displays the ambient number at the system tray...im like no i want you to display the CPU temp, which i now know is "remote 1"....
][/URL]
As you can see, what the hell is it??
Thanks!
-Sin100

OK I am not sure 100% since I am not familiar with your mobo but somebody else correct me if I'm wrong but that looks likes your mobo temp/ case temp... I cant tell you for sure....... To change what temp is displayed I have no idea........ it might be somewhere in the options..... (I'm at school but when I get home I'll tell you)

1 - 13 of 13 Posts