Overclock.net banner

Primochill Typhoon Reservoir III (inc. D5 Top)

7715 20
New reservoir has been announced by Brian @ Primochill.

Quote:
After MANY MANY MANY months (more like years) we are in the final stages of releasing our Typhoon III Reservoir. We will be releasing two version of the reservoir.

One with the ability to run a D5 Pump mounted directly on the back of the reservoir with two outlets and two return inlets..... pictured below and one with no pump but with 8 ports. (image further down)
Don't be confused by the barbs in the front of the res, they will normally have blanking plugs in there, it was just for illustration purposes.

And this is the one with 8 Ports
Brian has said that they will change the yellow piece inside so it doesn't look quite so much like a flower!

Source - http://www.watercoolinguk.co.uk/foru...ead.php?t=4741
  • Rep+
Reactions: afzsom
1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Premium Member
5,347 Posts

Hmmm....

The only thing I'm not sure about is the acrylic fittings. I wonder how well they'd grip the tubing, even with clamps/zip ties...

·
Banned
15,008 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by afzsom View Post

Hmmm....

The only thing I'm not sure about is the acrylic fittings. I wonder how well they'd grip the tubing, even with clamps/zip ties...
They are polycarb, not acrylic, so you're good there.

Here's the original thread if anyone is interested. Our WC'ing section lags quite a bit behind XS

Sometimes I forgot to repost XS stuff over here.

·
Premium Member
26,933 Posts
Have you been able to play with one yet Marcuss? And does it come in brass to..

·
Premium Member
2,403 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
lol nope not yet, I tried to blag a free one and the reply I got back was:

Quote:
I imagine Primo Chill is going to do a few raffle/contest type give aways so stat tuned and toss in your hat or w/e
Ah well, better look next time!

I do like the look of them though, it's good to see some fresh products coming to the market, it seems to be going stale at the moment, nothing new and innovative being introduced.

·
Premium Member
26,933 Posts
Quote:
Ah well, better look next time!

I do like the look of them though, it's good to see some fresh products coming to the market, it seems to be going stale at the moment, nothing new and innovative being introduced.
HaHa..At least you tried...
...Yeah whats this the 3'rd D-5 top in just a few months, we go for years wanting them for the D-4 & D-5 and now they all come out at once...Its cool though I'm really glad to see them..

Hey if you get one how about bucket flow testing it for us? I'd love to see if it bumps up flow any...

·
Registered
1,204 Posts
So when I first saw this at OCAU I was like .. . ewwwww so going to be bad however the general response has been really upbeat. Review samples are being shipped to a few guys so I'm interested to see how they perform. They do look amazing though but I'm not too sure if I would like to break up the uniform black aluminium of the front of a LiLi case though

·
B.O.W
28,744 Posts
interesting.... any reviews?

·
Registered
1,862 Posts
I don't see what the big deal is...looks like a piece of tupperware with (too many) barbs and a slot for the pump. Just an acrylic box. Big whoop?

·
Premium Member
5,725 Posts
When is it coming. I NEEED it.

lol. Looks amazing.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.