Overclock.net banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi

Installed and been running Linux mint 20 for a while now. But this morning I tried to print from my trusty Dell Black and white laser jet, Well I can not get the dam thing to print in Linux. Will only work under windows, Anyway the thing is at least 6 years or so old. Need to find a printer that I know works and has drivers available in linux.

· Overclocking Enthusiast
7,040 Posts
I use a Brother HL-L2370DW that i got at staples and i have plugged into my router. And linux mint found it on the network and uses it. So i guess linux mint has built in drivers for it.

· 10 year OCN Vet
3,445 Posts
FWIW I'm usi8ng a fairly cheap network connected HP 5740 All-In-One Inkjet that everything works on in every distro I've tried (many!) but Laser printers have numerous advantages for basic printing. You didn't mention any model numbers. Are you certain HPLIP or even Dell itself doesn't have Linux modules/drivers for yours?

· Registered
4,688 Posts
Do you have CUPS installed? I'd think it comes by default on any desktop-oriented distro these days but it might be worth checking. What type of driver did you download? Typically you shouldn't need to install any drivers on Linux, if you do, that's usually a bad omen.

· Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I have a Dell B1165NFW I did find something on the dell website for drivers for linux but have no clue how to install them.
Yes I have cups installed, I even got the driver from dell but the install program that comes with it you try to run the thing and nothing happens. Install the printer with default driver and it will not print.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.