Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone,
Recently I ran into a few issues, and now have to get a new printer, fine and dandy, but there is one problem, I have absolutely no clue what printer I should buy...
I do not want anything more then 150$, and I want something that is aesthetically nice, and gets the job done.

Thanks for any help guys, hopefully there are some printer savy users on here too!

·
Premium Member
3,672 Posts
Not printer savvy but there are two types, Inkjet & Laser (mono or color).
Some come with Wifi, scanner, copier...etc.

If you print a lot (+150 pages per week) then get the Laser. Ink cartridges dry quickly if not used frequently.

Canon is my go-to brand when it comes to printers (no HP), check this one out.

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks for explaining that to me! I am going to look at the printer you suggested, thanks again.

·
Premium Member
3,672 Posts

·
No longer New to OCN
2,523 Posts
Canon can get a bit pricey on the toner side of things.
What sort of printing needs are you wishing to fulfill? Then we can decide between inkjet and laser

·
Registered
15 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Magical Eskimo View Post

Canon can get a bit pricey on the toner side of things.
What sort of printing needs are you wishing to fulfill? Then we can decide between inkjet and laser
The bulk of my printing will consist of essays and other school related papers, every now and again I will also be printing images, nothing fancy, just basic images for different projects and things of that nature. From what I have looked at so far, laser seems extremely pricey and almost to much for the small amount of things I will be doing, but I am really clueless in regard to this subject and have literally spent under 20 minutes of research on printers.

·
No longer New to OCN
2,523 Posts
For school work all you need is a basic all-in-one inkjet printer.
I supply HP printers to a lot of our customers, you can probably find a decent HP all-in-one that will use the HP 364 ink cartridges, they're the most common easy to find ink cartridges ever. Canons are also good.

To be honest, printers these days are so cheap. I mean you can pick one up for like $100, it'll print nice quality prints for a couple of years and then probably die and you'll buy a new one, works out like just over 4 bucks a month. Printers used to be a matter of buy one for like $300, have to maintain it, clean it, get it serviced, it might last like 4 years but its cost more in the long run.

·
Registered
1,429 Posts
If you're printing a lot of B/W papers, go laser printers.

As for inkjets, print a full colour page once every two weeks to keep the ink from drying. This is a lesson I learned from having an Epson Workforce 610 series AIO.

Also if you're going inkjet look at the CISS systems that are compatible with your printer/AIO instead of buying overpriced ink cartridges.

My vote goes to Epson for inkjet printers, for laser I'd go Samsung.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts