Overclock.net banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, I have a rather quick question... I attached a Screenshot of my network connections tab, but im wondering if i can make my current internet connection (Local Area Connection 10) be my Primary network connection, (for example make it #1 on the list) because i think this is effecting my lag spikes in games and stuff... So can i make it my Primary connection or why is it #10?
LL

·
Premium Member
13,422 Posts
It is your #1 connection. It is only called Internet Connection #10 because you have fooled around with it so many times, that you made 10 different network conections.

·
Premium Member
3,952 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by pauldovi
It is your #1 connection. It is only called Internet Connection #10 because you have fooled around with it so many times, that you made 10 different network conections.
Humm, thats good, boy yea, i have installed about 3 different nic cards and a few different firewire cards
Thanks

·
Registered
554 Posts
Just to add to that... if you do have more than one NIC and you want to prioritize, you can go to the advanced tab, then go to advanced settings. In the little window will be a list of your connections. Just pick which one you want at the top and press the up arrow on the right to move it up. I do this with my firewire connection. My computer checks if it can send via firewire first, then the network. Handy.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts