Overclock.net banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Im already doing two.
What I need to know is how to merge the 12v, 5v and 3.3v lines to be a success.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpuperdudle;15329879
Splicing them? If you mean running the at the same time then its been done, i did it at one point. Just jump the second PSU with a paperclip when you need to run it.

EDIT - Or get this
http://www.frozencpu.com/products/5637/cpa-167/Lian_Li_Dual_Power_Supply_Adapter_Cable.html
I want the thing that is in the link, but instead of just the green and black wires, I want them all.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
204 Posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by MR KROGOTH;15329888
Im already doing two.
What I need to know is how to merge the 12v, 5v and 3.3v lines to be a success.

I want the thing that is in the link, but instead of just the green and black wires, I want them all.
OHHHHHH, you want to run the 2 PSU's as one, combining all their lines? It would help if i knew why, since this wont give any more voltage to the motherboard and will only destroy it shortly after.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Quote:
Originally Posted by Superpuperdudle;15329924
OHHHHHH, you want to run the 2 PSU's as one, combining all their lines? It would help if i knew why, since this wont give any more voltage to the motherboard and will only destroy it shortly after.
Because mine cant supply enough amperage, and I simply want to give it a little "Boost".

I dont want to combine voltage. Only amperage.
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
204 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by MR KROGOTH
View Post

Because mine cant supply enough amperage, and I simply want to give it a little "Boost".

I dont want to combine voltage. Only amperage.

You cant have one without the other. Thats like drinking water but you only want the hydrogen. Your best bet is to underclock, lock down cores, remove unneeded things and save up for a new PSU. Sorry


Also, since this is desperate times, and desperate times call for desperate measures........you can set all of your fans to run at 5v, or 7v. Its really easy.
 

·
Premium Member
Joined
·
7,175 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Quote:


Originally Posted by Superpuperdudle
View Post

You cant have one without the other. Thats like drinking water but you only want the hydrogen. Your best bet is to underclock, lock down cores, remove unneeded things and save up for a new PSU. Sorry


THERE MUST BE A WAY
yes.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,563 Posts
I advice you NOT to do it


You can't put 2 transfo's (or PSU's) in parallel like you want to do...

Well you can but then they have to be exactly the same model and stuff.

The voltages has to be exactly the same also (wich will probably be not!) otherwise you'll create an "internal" circuit resulting in 1 PSU giving power to the other and not giving both PSU's power to your PC

It's not putting 12V and 12V together... (E.g. It's 11.9V and 12.23V putting together and that resulst in a current flowing "between" the 2 PSU's wich results in damaging the weakest PSU... and then your whole PC perhaps...)

I think upgrading to new PSU is the only way to go...

So far for my advice


If you still want to know howto do it: just place all the cables parallel like i show you on my foto.

But you or your PC could take damage so it's on your OWN risk


Also running more AMP will require heavier cables as it will run hotter and might melt...
 

·
Banned
Joined
·
204 Posts
Quote:


Originally Posted by ASUSfreak
View Post

I advice you NOT to do it


You can't put 2 transfo's (or PSU's) in parallel like you want to do...

Well you can but then they have to be exactly the same model and stuff.

The voltages has to be exactly the same also (wich will probably be not!) otherwise you'll create an "internal" circuit resulting in 1 PSU giving power to the other and not giving both PSU's power to your PC

It's not putting 12V and 12V together... (E.g. It's 11.9V and 12.23V putting together and that resulst in a current flowing "between" the 2 PSU's wich results in damaging the weakest PSU... and then your whole PC perhaps...)

I think upgrading to new PSU is the only way to go...

So far for my advice


If you still want to know howto do it: just place all the cables parallel like i show you on my foto.

But you or your PC could take damage so it's on your OWN risk


Also running more AMP will require heavier cables as it will run hotter and might melt...

Exactly, unless they are 100% the same (they have to be perfectly alike) then their ripple, and voltages, and amperages will throw each other off and it wont end well for you or your stuff.

That too, if you try to double the current you will have to double the gauge to be safe (gauge is how thick a cable is).

This is a VERY bad idea and you should do what i suggested and underclock and lower your fan volltages.
 

·
Registered
Joined
·
2,563 Posts
What you CAN do is to start them up the same time, but use 1 PSU for your graphic cards, and the other PSU for the rest...
 
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
Top