Overclock.net banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
-i overclocked my CPU from 1200 to 1500MHz and my integrated sound card on my asus motherboard stoped working o_O
-processor it self worked fine, scored quite a few benchmark points etc., temperature was razed just by +1 or +2
-when i returned the cpu frequency to normal sound card started working again
-if my cpu freq. iz set on any other value then the 1200MHz - no sound :

-any suggestions?

·
Premium Member
6,394 Posts
Well integrated sound sux, no surprise there. You mightwant to lokinto getting a sound card www.newegg.com Sound blasters are a nice ones. what does / mean? please post you psu. And do you have a ton of stuff connected to it? like multiple hdds, roms, usbs,fans(these can get power hunger my friend blew a psu or two by to many fans)

EDIT: this may sound dumb but go into bios and make sure you didnt turn integrated sound off...lol it happens. Also download the lastest driver for the mobo and go to the microsoft update site i assume your on windows right?

·
Premium Member
8,208 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Mr.N00bLaR

Well integrated sound sux, no surprise there. You mightwant to lokinto getting a sound card www.newegg.com Sound blasters are a nice ones. what does / mean? please post you psu. And do you have a ton of stuff connected to it? like multiple hdds, roms, usbs,fans(these can get power hunger my friend blew a psu or two by to many fans)

EDIT: this may sound dumb but go into bios and make sure you didnt turn integrated sound off...lol it happens. Also download the lastest driver for the mobo and go to the microsoft update site i assume your on windows right?

uh newegg only ships to the US, check these places out:
http://www.zipzoomfly.com/jsp/Home.jsp
http://www.monarchcomputer.com/Merchant2/merchant.mv

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
-i got cd-rom, cd-rw-dvd and 1 HDD
-i didn't turn sound off in BIOS
-i think that i have no slot for a sound card and no money btw
-power? should i raise the vcore? it is 1.475 by default and i dont know how far i could go up raising it???
-this is my first time overclocking O_O

EDIT: wc3 rulz, i usualy put arthras on my avatar too

·
Registered
191 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by SpiRiTcRuSheR

no, i tried uping the vcore to 1.56 or 1.57 but no diference, no sound still

NOOOOOOOO!!!!! samething happened to me, you have to lock your pci/agp/wahetevr in your bios to the lowest setting 33/66/100 i think then u can overclock with sound

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
LOL, no way, than that's not 1:1 overclock and ur CPU ratio is lower than ur RAM (useless) O_O i can choose beetween there ratios:
FSB:SDRAM
CI
66:100:33
100:100:33
133:133:33
133:100:33
default is 100:100:33 ratio and then i overclock the freq to 125/125/45 =1.5GHz but no sound
on 133:133:33 and 133:100:33 i get a warning beeps from my motherboard
i actualy didn't try 66/100/33 but only because it wouldn't make sence for my RAM ratio to be higher than FSB

Could someone help me PLZ

·
Banned
1,013 Posts
the 66/100/33 is nothing to do with ram. it locks the fsb of the pci and agp bus. i have the same problem with my asus onboard sound, unfortunately my board sux and i cant lock pci/agp or raise vcore so im stuck with my feeble oc. putting the fsb back down will make the sound come back straight away.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
sound works on 100:100:33(default 1200MHz), why put it 66:100:33 when i can't up my freq then even to my default 1200MHz ?_? it would look like 99:140(or something):33, thats not realy an overclock but an underclock

1 - 12 of 12 Posts