Overclock.net banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hey guys when im playing games or when i have 3dmarks on my whole computer gets stuck for like 10-20 seconds sometimes even more anybody have any ideas why?

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Well that could be almost anything. But the first thing I would check is that there are no rogue processes tying up system resources (e.g. Windows services you don't need, and obviously spyware). The second thing I would check is that your memory usage is okay, i.e. you have enough physical RAM and that your swapfile size is not constantly changing (the default is for Windows to automatically manage that, but it's a bad idea to let it; you want a static size swap file.) Only then would I begin to entertain the thoughts that mardware problems may exist, these sorts of things are usually software or Windows related.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Quote:

Originally Posted by VulcanDragon

Well that could be almost anything. But the first thing I would check is that there are no rogue processes tying up system resources (e.g. Windows services you don't need, and obviously spyware). The second thing I would check is that your memory usage is okay, i.e. you have enough physical RAM and that your swapfile size is not constantly changing (the default is for Windows to automatically manage that, but it's a bad idea to let it; you want a static size swap file.) Only then would I begin to entertain the thoughts that mardware problems may exist, these sorts of things are usually software or Windows related.

when the blue screen comes up it says nv.sys or something like i know that for sure it says nv not really sure what the other one is but anyways i use "Spybot - Search & Destroy" for the spyware i use that like once a week and the memory usage doesnt usally go higher then 300Mb when i have emule and [email protected] aim, msn you know.. but maybe it's time for reformat im using 50Gb. Usally the cpu usage doesnt go over 5% when im surfing ect...

·
Premium Member
7,395 Posts
Can't say I know what nv.sys is. I would do a search on my hard drive to find out where the file lives, the folder it is in might give you an idea of what it does. If it turns out to be something you don't need, kill the process and make sure it does not start again on reboot (check your Startup folder and your registry).

A total machine rebuild will fix any software problems you have, but I generally reserve that for last resorts. And it does no good if you reinstall the same problematic program after the rebuild, of course.

·
Registered
607 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by VulcanDragon

Can't say I know what nv.sys is. I would do a search on my hard drive to find out where the file lives, the folder it is in might give you an idea of what it does. If it turns out to be something you don't need, kill the process and make sure it does not start again on reboot (check your Startup folder and your registry).

A total machine rebuild will fix any software problems you have, but I generally reserve that for last resorts. And it does no good if you reinstall the same problematic program after the rebuild, of course.

ok thanks bro i put the vdimm at 2.8v and the vcore at 1.725 it seems like it helped i dont know for sure.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts