Overclock.net banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I just got all the parts for my computer. I put them all together, plugged everything in, and turned it on. But all I get is a blank screen on the monitor. No beeps or nothing.
My friend came over to give me a hand, but we couldn't figure out the problem. We weren't able to get the to the BIOS or anything. He reset the battery thing. (?) And I don't know what to do.
Could there be a problem with my motherboard, graphics card, power supply, or memory? How do I know what the problem is? Should I get my friend to let me use his computer to test my parts? Or should I send it in to get it looked at by a somebody?
Some help would be nice.

·
Premium Member
10,440 Posts
What power supply are you using?

Since you have 2 sticks of RAM, run each one by itself on each RAM Slot to see if your RAM is the cause.

·
Registered
148 Posts
One thing you may want make sure of, is that the 4-pin cable from your psu is plugged into your mobo to power your cpu.

I accidently overlooked that when I built my rig and my system wouldnt boot at all.

·
Registered
2,494 Posts
I'm going through the same thing right now. I would suspect the motherboard. I have checked all plugs, reseated everything (except the CPU) and still nothing. No beeps no anything. When I first plugged in everything and flipped the switch for power (without pressing the power button on the front) all the fans came on, so I unplugged the power and pulled the battery out for 10 min and then put it back in. Now it dosen't turn on the fans till I press the power button on the front. I am lost. It is a P5N32 SLi Deluxe with the NForce 4SLi chipset.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I took out the graphics card, RAM, hard drive, CD drive, and motherboard. Put everything back and connected all the cables. Turned it on, and still nothing.

Maybe I could return the board and get another one?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.