Overclock.net banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello I just joined these forums, you folks seem like a good group of people
. This problem occasionally comes and then goes and doesn't come back for awhile, so now I figured I'd ask about it.

Occasionally, when in games, my computer just goes to a blue screen of death, with the NV4_DISP Infinite loop error. I tried many things, did Memtest to see if RAM is ok, check. I had my 6800 NU card OC'd for a bit, then brought it down to normal speeds, and it still persists from time to time. My PSU is 450W and my system configs is as followed,

Pentium 4 3.2 GHZ
eVGA 6800 NU 128 MB
GEIL 2X 512 MB dual Channel ram
Onboard sound
Raidmax 450W power supply

I've tried MANY different drivers for my card, used Driver Cleaner and followed the instructions, yet it still persists. If anyone could help with this problem, it would be much obliged

-Ryan

·
Registered
1,827 Posts
HI BSOD is almost always a hardware problam if this is happenning rarely then i would probably say it is a psu prob check to see all the wattages to the rails are correct

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I had a fan in the PCI slot, which was two fans, i unplugged that, and now my system is fine, playing whatever perfectly, oh and my PSU was 420 WATTS not 450, so im thinking I might have to upgrade to a 500W to get all the things plugged in and getting enough wattage each

1 - 3 of 3 Posts