2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So I was rebuilding a buddy's computer, specs are:
P5LD2
Celeron D
1g AMPX DDR2-667
WD SATA 160g
Lite On DVD-RW

When I try to install windows it gets to the point where it says Windows is starting then I get a BSOD with stop error 0x0000007B

When I try and use any of the utilities in Ultimate Boot CD it says that there is an error in the BIOS and halts.

I reflashed the BIOS to 1207 and cleared the CMOS but neither helps.

Any ideas?!

·
Banned
7,351 Posts
Try using the bare minimum, 1 stick of RAM, video card, CPU, HD, and CD-Drive and then clearing your CMOS and try installing again. If that doesnt' work that raise the voltage on your RAM a little, I heard that helps to install Windows sometimes.

·
Premium Member
5,573 Posts
You have a hardware failure most likely. Yank EVERYTHING but the bare minimum hardware. Like Jack said, use a single RAM module and rotate them to see if RAM is the issue.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Did you try Optimum Defaults.

·
Registered
2,983 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Yes, tried optimum defaults.

I also tried several different SATA cables and tried connecting the drive to each of the SATA ports, no luck.

The hard drive is recognized at post and in the BIOS.

·
Premium Member
7,245 Posts
Quote:

Originally Posted by Whodie
Yes, tried optimum defaults.

I also tried several different SATA cables and tried connecting the drive to each of the SATA ports, no luck.

The hard drive is recognized at post and in the BIOS.
It seems like a memory error to me. Test the memory stick with memtest. Try to set the memory speed @533 or even 400 just to be sure it's not their fault. It would be nice to have some spare parts, to be able to replace the ram stick or the VID card, just to see if they're the faulty components.

·
Premium Member
45,674 Posts
Stop Error 0x0000007B
Ok, you get this with and OS and utility disks...
CD-ROM drive issue
It's either a bad CD-ROM cable, incorrect pin config, it's improperly configed in the BIOS or the CD-ROM drive is bad!

I missed the issues with multiple softwares, that points to the device itself and it's function.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts