Overclock.net banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well I installed the 163.11 betas released yesterday and i'm having problems today.

First off I was getting "driver has stopped responding and has recovered" errors 3x in a hour. Basically my cursor would stop moving, screen would go black for 15 seconds, then i'd come back to that error and all would be good for 15 mins or so and it'd happen again.

I was doing some 3dmark06 benchmarking, went through twice with no problems. Now on the 3rd run I got this error.

Any ideas? NVIDIA mess up the beta driver? Anyone else have this issue with these drivers? I'm on Vista x64.

I really don't want to go back to older drivers..... These gave me a whopping 1,000 more marks in 3dmark06 and have nearly doubled my SLI performance in vista.
LL

·
Registered
1,395 Posts
I've had trouble with many different drivers and I went back to the 94.something?

I didn't have the troubles you had, I had more severe problems on my 32bit XP Pro, like, the drivers would lag my system on boot, the control panel would lag and I got BSOD's saying my drivers are broken. Everything is fine with the 94.something drivers except for a little lag in the control panel.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Update:
The other error.
LL

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Quote:

Originally Posted by jonny1989 View Post
Have you seen any proformance boost of any kind?thats what im looking for i am still waiting for the download to finnish.
I have huge performance boosts with this driver and thats why I want to try to fix this problem without going back to a older version.

·
Premium Member
17,110 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I've done some googling and theres swarms of posts about this issues, however, none of them are 163.11 related, they are just NVIDIA drivers in general.... Some people have problems others dont.

Well seeing as I just reformatted this morning it looks like i'm gonna try refromatting again.. maybe I got a corrupt windows install or something.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts